Field recorder suggestions?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NAGRA-SN-SNS-SN ... 2a36ffd699

But careful though, if you have OCD!

Me, I use a cheap little Zoom H2N and couldn't be happier, but you need a pop shield wind filter for it. The prices they go for are f**king silly. Lots of youtube vids about how to make a decent one for a tenner.

I don't think it has good coupling between the mic and the housing. There is a term for it, and it has been noted, but I forget now. But for the money, it makes amazing recordings. 5 built in mics or something silly. And the battery lasts for the most insane amount of time it's not true. I got some re-chargeable duracells for it and they only cost a fiver for four. It only takes two any way. Comes with 2GB card but I got an 8GB Samsung and use it for 24 bit recording - lots of time.

Don't buy the kit that comes with it - over priced crap. By itself it's a bargain though.

But if you have the cash, the Nagra is probably better!

:-)

Coool! ;-)

I hope you will have as much fun with it as I do ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I did buy a generic dead animal for it quickly after getting it. Went shopping for a new shoulder bag yesterday for it. It has begun...
And mockingbirds are the coolest!
Nature's little field recorder that bring me all sorts of goodies to record!
(Which is good, considering our big fires have destroyed some of the regular cycles of sounds we were getting before.)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”