What's your holiday hardware list?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

taijiguy wrote: The soon-to-be Synthesizers.com keyboard has my attention though.
Yeah- that looks interesting. I'm wondering about their blank rack module- it'd be fun to put one of these into it:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/790 ... controller

That, a couple of their other add-ons and the keyboard would make the perfect controller keyboard.

ew
A spectral heretic...

BBFG# wrote:What's your holiday hardware list? (include those 'stocking stuffers)!
mostly sex toys, but im getting myself a new compound mitresaw in january.

Hardware - just this:

Something I can keep with my laptop and carry around easily.

A Microbrute (mainly as a master keyboard for my modular).
Moar patch cables!
Harvestman's Hertz Donut MKII
Makenoise's Echophone
TipTop Audio Trigger Riot
Some wood working tools so I can build my next modular cabinet.

That's about it. I've also been considering a Waldorf Blofeld but I haven't even had a chance to try one out.

2 little doepfer patch cables for my microbrute cost me 5 quid!! The are like 5/6 inches long.

Expensive little buggers. But I could only find them in one shop in Scotland. From Germany would have been more for postage.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

justin3am wrote: Moar patch cables!
:lol:

One of the local guys was getting out of the modular money pit; I bought all his patch cables. I actually have enough of them now :o
Harvestman's Hertz Donut MKII
Makenoise's Echophone
TipTop Audio Trigger Riot
All good choices. I really don't need another sequencer at the moment, so the Trigger Riot's way down on my list. I like Scott's stuff, but I'd probably get his Polivoks stuff before I get his more digital things. An Echophon's been on my short list for quite a while- maybe this spring.
Some wood working tools so I can build my next modular cabinet.
:tu:
That's about it. I've also been considering a Waldorf Blofeld but I haven't even had a chance to try one out.
Blofelds are about the biggest bang for the buck I know of. If you liked the microQ, you'll love the Blofeld. Speaking of Waldorfs, there's a guy locally who's selling his Q+ Phoenix edition. That one's tempting me, but I'd have to sell a bunch of stuff to justify buying it :(

ew
A spectral heretic...

faun2500 wrote:2 little doepfer patch cables for my microbrute cost me 5 quid!! The are like 5/6 inches long.

Expensive little buggers. But I could only find them in one shop in Scotland. From Germany would have been more for postage.
Yeah, 1/8" (3.5mm) patch cables can be expensive. Especially if you need to buy a lot of them. I bought 50 of different lengths when I first got into Doepfer modular and it was like $250 total. Now I either make my own or I get them at $1 a piece from All Electronics.

The stackable cables are the really spendy ones. :)

ew wrote:I like Scott's stuff, but I'd probably get his Polivoks stuff before I get his more digital things. An Echophon's been on my short list for quite a while- maybe this spring.
I actually have two Hertz Donuts at the moment (Also two Malgorithms, a Tyme Sefari and Piston Honda) but I have yet to use an HD mkII, so I need to at least try one out. The Polivoks filter is so awesome, I don't know why I sold it. Once I have more case space I will probably get two more. While I have 10 filters in my rack they are in the form of two QMMGs and a Korgasmatron. :lol:

Santa is bringing me an MFB-522 :)
Deep N' Dusty House Grooves !!!
Artist: http://soundcloud.com/nigel
Label: http://soundcloud.com/diplopiarecords

justin3am wrote:
ew wrote:I like Scott's stuff, but I'd probably get his Polivoks stuff before I get his more digital things. An Echophon's been on my short list for quite a while- maybe this spring.
I actually have two Hertz Donuts at the moment (Also two Malgorithms, a Tyme Sefari and Piston Honda) but I have yet to use an HD mkII, so I need to at least try one out. The Polivoks filter is so awesome, I don't know why I sold it. Once I have more case space I will probably get two more. While I have 10 filters in my rack they are in the form of two QMMGs and a Korgasmatron. :lol:
If you don't have time to go out to Santa Barbara and bother Shawn before then, there's always NAMM. Scott's at the AH booth off and on during the show, and there's always a Harvestman rig set up. We'll have to go down and play with toys sometime when you can leave the Nektar booth for a while.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Got a Tetra and a new mic (Mojave MA-201 fet) in the past two months, so those are pretty much going to be my Christmas gifts. The wife wants a new coffee maker - that counts as studio hardware, too, right?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

a poly evolver {rack}, and I got a dx200 for $220 all in - which I was particularly pleased about. Only took about 1.5 yrs of scouting and waiting for an opportunity to snag one at the 'right price', they tend to go for about twice that on ebay. Took some hard bargaining and he held out like a trooper, but he needed a quick sale so he eventually caved... otherwise I'm sure he'd have taken the ebay option. Very kool box, worth waiting for :)

I got a focusrite scarlett 18i20... more as a present to myself from money spent selling off a bit of old gear I wasn't using than a real "christmas present" though. The consumerist holiday season has sort of got me into that mode though like.. "I wonder if there are good boxing day deals?"

(although i guess certain things I'm after are more vintage and obviously not boxing day sale items)

fantasy wishlist items (still with a bit of a budget in mind):
Original Roland Space Echo
Some sort of Jomox Drum Machine.. or maybe an acidlab miami
Strymon Effects.. Blue Sky/Big Sky in particular
Some sort of spring reverb? (theres one for sale for $100.. old thing that looks massive though! from pioneer.. i wonder if i should snatch it up? occupies a lot of space by the looks of it...)
Something to get started on a modular synth?
arturia minibrute/microbrute
I can see my self buying a push or a launchpad or some kind of midi controller.. if its on sale for like half price on boxing day or something. but its not really a priority item for me right now.
maybe some boutique distortion pedals for overdriving synths?

This is a weird year for me... I'm usually all about a nice new toy for Christmas, but now that I have a baby... it seems excessive. I have so much amazing stuff. Maybe I should ask Santa for some more time to use what I have.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I'm gonna crush some wood.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”