new from Waldorf

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why the hell is there no midi input ???

Wanna control Cutoff, Resonance and Drive via cc controlers.
Also triggering via Midi.

The 4 Pole had full midi and presets.
Nothing for me, except Waldorf opens up specifications on how to add a DIY trigger via midi at least. (Maybe the DIY Korg Monotribe midi adaption works for the pole2)

moroe wrote:Why the hell is there no midi input ???

Wanna control Cutoff, Resonance and Drive via cc controlers.
Also triggering via Midi.

The 4 Pole had full midi and presets.
Nothing for me, except Waldorf opens up specifications on how to add a DIY trigger via midi at least. (Maybe the DIY Korg Monotribe midi adaption works for the pole2)
You could use even an KMI QuNexus as either a cv to midi or midi to cv converter for little $$ or other options. I for one am thrilled Waldorf thought to place three CV INs as well as the manual Trigger. Yes, my Waldorf 4 Pole has an extremely comprehensive midi specification--it makes it best of both worlds without Waldorf simply making an exact replica.
I view this as a step forward rather than backward.

namnibor wrote:You could use even an KMI QuNexus as either a cv to midi or midi to cv converter for little $$ or other options. I for one am thrilled Waldorf thought to place three CV INs as well as the manual Trigger. Yes, my Waldorf 4 Pole has an extremely comprehensive midi specification--it makes it best of both worlds without Waldorf simply making an exact replica.
I view this as a step forward rather than backward.
I would have preferred a MIDI in, too, but like you said, there are options.

For example, I think you could do some interesting things with an Arturia BeatStep connected to this little guy.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

This filter looks good. but midi in would of been a good idea to synth it. I expect the microbrute cv out could be used if the microbrute is synth to pc?
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”