Waldorf Blofeld VST editor?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you bought the desktop version, then check the previous posts (especially by Ingo). He suggested good editors.

I have the keyboard version and I use the keyboard as my main midi keyboard which these Vsti editors can't function with my Blofeld unless I unload it from the midi controllers list. So, I'm fine without them :)

I'm really loving Patch Morpher. The actual editor is only so-so, and doesn't seem to support user samples. However, the actual realtime morphing function is awesome and breathes new life into this synth. It sort of feels like a Blofeld crossed with a Prophet VS.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I quickly tried the monstrumFeld editor... and it looked good, so I bought it. It is built on the CTRLR platform, which I use another editor for the Matrix 6 that is also built on CTRLR.

Once I tested further I discovered a problem... my Blofeld desktop is not sending any midi data out through the USB cable. No matter what I do, using monstrumFeld, or using Mid-ox to monitor the midi ports... no midi data. In global settings the Blofeld is set to send Control & Sysex data, but nothing is sent. Starting a patch dump from the Blofeld results in no data sent.

The Blofeld was purchased a few weeks ago from a music re-sale shop. So, I think I am out of luck. :(

SayersWeb wrote:I quickly tried the monstrumFeld editor... and it looked good, so I bought it. It is built on the CTRLR platform, which I use another editor for the Matrix 6 that is also built on CTRLR.

Once I tested further I discovered a problem... my Blofeld desktop is not sending any midi data out through the USB cable. No matter what I do, using monstrumFeld, or using Mid-ox to monitor the midi ports... no midi data. In global settings the Blofeld is set to send Control & Sysex data, but nothing is sent. Starting a patch dump from the Blofeld results in no data sent.

The Blofeld was purchased a few weeks ago from a music re-sale shop. So, I think I am out of luck. :(
Have you tried using it in any host?

Anyway, my settings are (when you press Shift + Global):
Midi Channel : Omni
Device ID : 0(00h)

Local Control: On
Prg Send: On

Ctrl Send : Ctrl
Ctrl Receive : On

I have the keyboard version though, so not sure if everything is identical with the desktop version.

Also, check the latest firmware (I have updated to the latest one v1.23 when I bought it about a year ago)

EnGee wrote: Have you tried using it in any host?

Anyway, my settings are (when you press Shift + Global):
Midi Channel : Omni
Device ID : 0(00h)

Local Control: On
Prg Send: On

Ctrl Send : Ctrl
Ctrl Receive : On

I have the keyboard version though, so not sure if everything is identical with the desktop version.

Also, check the latest firmware (I have updated to the latest one v1.23 when I bought it about a year ago)
Thank you so much for the info! I checked the Waldorf site and for the desktop the latest firmware version is 1.22, which is what was already installed. Out of desperation I downloaded and installed it... and for some unknown reason it fixed the problem. So great relief here!

By the way, the Waldorf site shows the latest firmware for the keyboard version is 1.4:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/downlo ... irmware-en

Than you again!

Glad you solved it. So there is a new firmware! I remember they wrote about 1.23 as 'the final' or something!
Anyway, good they are keep updating it. It's a very good synth. The last thing I discover (which is not in the manual) that if you keep pressing one of the buttons, it'll show you a row of the related parameters which you can edit with the 4 knobs. That make it much easier to see and edit :)

Thanks for the 1.4 info. I'm going to update it today :)

For the luv of Monstrumfeld. I should have done this ages ago! :love:

I purchased the Recon editor two years ago and that was my mistake. It has a good GUI, but very uncomfortable mouse control.
Also, the editor has no demo and the license transferring is prohibited. So it was a waste of money. :)

Now I'm happy with MonstrumFeld, especially after last update.

For the iPad owners out there, today I released an update to my app Patch Base to include a full editor for the Blofeld. It's free to try out, and the In App Purchase for the full unlock is 25% off for the next few days.

Here's a blog post about it: https://coffeeshopped.com/2017/06/waldo ... patch-base

And here's the app's page on my site: https://coffeeshopped.com/patch-base

Hope some people enjoy it!

I didn't know that you can control synths directly via iPad. That's awesome. And bump for your nice app.

Currently doing sound design again with Blofeld and using Monstrumfeld for that, mostly as standalone. There was an update for Mosntrumfeld this year.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I could configure the Blofeld Editor VSTi from RekonAudio to be two way communicated! I mean when I move a knob in Blofeld, I see the knob in the editor moving and vice versa. It took me damn more than one hour trying, reading and swearing!

Anyway, with all that, I don't see a real benefit for such editors as a VSTi. There are two main problems. The first is I can't use the Blofeld keyboard as a midi controller (I must disable it actually in the midi devices!). Second, I can't insert more than one VSTi from that editor! Yes, there is a multi setup in both the editor and the synth, but due to the polyphony (is it 24?) and the complexity of setup, it doesn't encourage me to consider it.

As a standalone, the blofeld editors are needed to design sounds, while with the host's configuration, it is much easier and more practical to record and make some music! Especially with Cubase as I could insert a template of Blofeld as an external device (provided by Waldorf) and then insert a folder that contains one midi and one audio tracks. I can also navigate the presets with ease (the factory preset names):
Cubase_Blofeld.jpg
I still find the keyboard edition of blofeld is a better value for money than the desktop because it is a high quality midi controller. I love it and I'm glad that I did bought it. It is very inviting to play with (and blofeld is a great wavetable synth as well :D )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello,
I know the topic is very old, but I will ask :-)
Using MonstrumFeld as a VST plugin in Ableton, can you assign Blofeld functions using Configure Mode in Ableton ???
I am asking because I have a MID control keyboard that does not have the MIDI learn function (Novation SL MKIII).

Thank you and help me.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”