Arturia BEATSTEP - Controller & Sequencer - usb/midi/cv-gate

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arturia's Beatstep offers a new degree of functionality and performance for a portable pad controller. BeatStep is highly versatile, capable of triggering clips in such applications as Ableton Live, playing drums in conjunction with such applications as BFD or EZDrummer.

But BeatStep is also a 16-step analog sequencer for creating all kinds of musical phrases to be sent to analog synthesizers, MIDI drum machines, MIDI keyboard devices, or computer programs.
Its vast connectivity allows you to connect the BeatStep to a computer or iPAD using USB, a drum module using MIDI or an analog synthesizer equipped with CV/GATE.
looks pretty kool to me. it's got the right layout imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=NiqnOTJ4BJU

Playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLKw0 ... iqnOTJ4BJU

Yep, as i mentioned in the other thread, very useful and affordable. Def getting one.

There's another beatstep thread ? whoops!

I didn't catch the {projected} price on this... what is it ?
if it's affordable like you say, I'll be getting one too.

It was a general NAMM thread... think it was $99...will check.

edit: $129 / 99 Euros

Kriminal wrote:It was a general NAMM thread... think it was $99...will check.

edit: $129 / 99 Euros
very nice price indeed!
cheers.

starting saving ;)

Check out Spark 2 to go with it, a very nice Free update for spark users (full access to analog modeling drum synth)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Impressive connectivity :o

EDIT: "Mini USB in/out (DC in for standalone operation)"

It's USB powered.

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:It's USB powered.

thats a slight letdown, but at the price i suppose its hardly worth complaining.
would have been nice not to have to have the pc running but im sure ill live :hihi:

any idea when it will be available in the uk?

No need to attach the Beatstep to a PC fot the standalone mode, you can also connect it to a Charger for cell phones. I saw somewhere a video, where the Arturia guy said this explicitly.

Klinke wrote:No need to attach the Beatstep to a PC fot the standalone mode, you can also connect it to a Charger for cell phones. I saw somewhere a video, where the Arturia guy said this explicitly.
fair enough, im sure i can pick up a phone charger for about a tenner?

proper pads for Beatmaker 2 on ipad...? :tu:

Looks very nice indeed could maybe replace both my Korg NanoKONTROL and NanoPAD as controllers (or be used as an additional controller).
Use as a MIDI or CV step sequencer could be very interesting too.

More info here:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... intro.html

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

vurt wrote:
Kevin [Arturia] wrote:It's USB powered.

thats a slight letdown, but at the price i suppose its hardly worth complaining.
would have been nice not to have to have the pc running but im sure ill live :hihi:

any idea when it will be available in the uk?
You can also use a USB charger so you do not need a computer to run BeatStep.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”