STOP ME before I give in to GAS and get me a MASCHINE STUDIO

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been eyeing the maschine for a while. That jog wheel looks so delicious.

I have GURU and I love it. I used to use it a lot when I was starting to make beats. It was my first MPC and I still miss making beats the 'hardware' way - i.e. without skipping a beat, auditioning/recording everything in a loop. Ah the good ole days of hardware sequencers.

Anyways, the only hesitation with Maschine is A). The price, especially since the Mk2 is half its price.

SAVE ME from the (genius)devils at NI. Tell me I don't need a Maschine right now. :pray:

OK...

Please send me the money that you are going to spend on Maschine Studio...

That will help to stop the purchase for now :)
No auto tune...

Never used maschine but i've owned the 2000 & the 2000xl mpc's and first thing that came close for me was Renoise . Now I use reaper with poise . Both similar in some aspects to a mpc. But they are not mpc's. And for the case a manufacturer reads this, please do a usbmidi version of the mpc2000 classic jogwheel. That is all i miss for sample chopping since the mpc times: )

Don't get the Maschine Studio.

Get a Maschine MK2 instead. :tu:

You can't always get what you waaaant...

Observe your want...do not judge, simply see it and tell it that you know it is there.

I haven't bought anything hardware in a long time though and I'm good with hardware (quite fast with it) :(

My hope is that this gear will inspire me to get out of my computer screen more, and focus on the keyboard, knobs-twirling and back to when making music was really fun (like with my roland synth).

Not saying it isn't fun with Reaper, but to create a drum sound, I have to creat a track, arm it, click on the fx button a few times, search for kontakt, load it, then load some studio drummer patch. I feel like a hardware controller (especially with its integration with Komplete) will bring back the classic sequencer experience.

Recording in a loop with quantize, in Reaper is a little tedious btw. I suppose I could use templates, but a JOG WHEEL - yeaahh baby. That's what makes it fun :phones:

hakey wrote:Affluenza

Yep.

Although one does not necessarily reflect on the whole thing. Want/Desire and need get so easily missed...

Ask. Will Machine Studio do everything for you or will it just be another stop-gap to even more things later?

:shrug:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Well, nothing will do everything for me. My computer does everything though. And I"m not looking to replace it at all.

keyman_sam wrote:
I haven't bought anything hardware in a long time though and I'm good with hardware (quite fast with it) :(

My hope is that this gear will inspire me to get out of my computer screen more, and focus on the keyboard, knobs-twirling and back to when making music was really fun (like with my roland synth).
I picked up a Maschine MK2 late last year, and at first I was a bit dubious, but then things started to click once I got more comfortable w/ the hardware and learned where things were, etc. You'll be smiling when you start to reach more and more for the hardware rather than the mouse.

Maschine will quite possibly be very inspiring and change how you make music. I think you might be on to something there.

The jog wheel though is probably not worth an extra $400 or so over MK2's big rotary encoder which does the same thing.

I find there are times with the MK2 that my screen saver kicks in and I don't care because I've been looking at the hardware instead, but mostly I use a hybrid approach of doing what's faster/easier on the hardware on the hardware, and doing what's faster/easier with a mouse with the mouse. Maybe the Studio shifts that balance further toward hardware a little.

From what I have seen online, people who get Mikro and get into it, almost always upgrade. People who upgrade from MK2 to Studio don't really rave about how much better it is though -- in fact one person preferred the workflow on the MK2 overall. I really think the MK2 is in the sweet spot, and the Studio is basically a luxury.

If you don't have NI Komplete, i would strongly suggest getting maschine mk2 + komplete 9.

+1 to the 'get a mk2' replies.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”