NDVR Note | NDVR evo

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

most of you might already know or at least remember me. For those who don't:

My name is Simon Kemper and I am the CEO of the Germany-based company NDVR (endeavour). We are the manufacturer of the "evo - Series One" Masterkeyboard which features capacitive touch in every single key.

Last year we have presented the "Note" Masterkeyboard which follows a different approach on adding expressive layers to standard keyboards. With the help of an optical sensor array, every single key can be described in movement, acceleration and travel. We called this "Swing". Side-Effect of this was "Polyphonic Aftertouch" which is the main reason why the Note was so interesting for most of you. But also the price - which started at 249$.

But after the crowdfunding was unsuccessful we've asked ourselves how to continue. We first decided to walk away from the music industry. This is mainly what we did in the last month - but since I keep getting E-Mails from many people around the world - asking for the note - we rethought our decision...

First of all we start this decision with lowering the price tag of our "evo - Series One" Keyboard. The last units are now available for just 199$. This is - by far - the cheapest expressive instrument - and with such a high build quality.

Second, we have redesigned our homepage + store. There you also find more Information about the evo. And there you'll find more and more information about the Note - when the time has come.

In the last year I was asked to make some more videos. Therefor I asked for people who want to help us making better videos. A lot of you replied and wanted to offer their help. So we will come back on this as soon as the Note is in a pre-series state. Not as long it is still a prototype.

That's what is currently going on with the Note. We are preparing a pre-series.

Please excuse my absence,

if you have any questions please feel free to ask or use our contact form on our new HP.

By the way,

there is also a new Domain:

http://www.ndvr.co

One last thing. We need help to spread the word about the price drop on our "evo" keyboards.

Thank you very much,

Simon from NDVR

Welcome back, Simon!

I haven't forgotten about this all. I reposted the link to this info in the NDVR thread at Gearslutz :)

Will be keeping eyes peeled on here for more info. EVO at $199 is a steal I would say.

Hey EvilDragon,

thanks for reposting! This will help us a lot! I'll keep posting news about the Note as soon as possible!

Simon

Glad to hear it, Simon. 7 months and 1 disappointing NAMM later, I still stand by the Note. Let's get this made!

Hi Simon,
If you edit your first post and put 'Polyphonic Aftertouch keyboards' in the title, perhaps more people will see the thread?
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Eh that's true! I'll do so! But i just do copy and paste if that's ok!?

wow great price - are there any 61 key models?

Does it have midi out as well as Ethernet? (what if I want to use it with my Clavia G2 Engine or VL70m for example?)

Myself, I'd love to see a 6 or 7 octave version. I could sell my current master keyboard then (Roland XP80) and use this instead.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Looks very clever and fresh in terms of an approach. And the pricing is so right.

aMUSEd wrote:wow great price - are there any 61 key models?

Does it have midi out as well as Ethernet? (what if I want to use it with my Clavia G2 Engine or VL70m for example?)
There is no midi out as far as I understand. You need to plug it into your computer and then plug a midi cable to your synth.

This limits the keyboard functionality IMO. I think it could be interesting to add linux support for the software. Then using a Raspberry Pi + midi would make this keyboard more "standalone".

Anyway, great price. I'm really tempted. Hope to see reviews / more videos and feedback soon.

Will spread the word :)
no sig

Simon,
SimonFromNDVR wrote:First of all we start this decision with lowering the price tag of our "evo - Series One" Keyboard. The last units are now available for just 199$. This is - by far - the cheapest expressive instrument - and with such a high build quality
I've been trying to reach you by email, contact form on your website and PM through this forum to no avail. Did you receive any of my messages?

Thanks,
Arjan

TOYZ wrote:Simon,
SimonFromNDVR wrote:First of all we start this decision with lowering the price tag of our "evo - Series One" Keyboard. The last units are now available for just 199$. This is - by far - the cheapest expressive instrument - and with such a high build quality
I've been trying to reach you by email, contact form on your website and PM through this forum to no avail. Did you receive any of my messages?

Thanks,
Arjan
I have been, too, so I guess it's not something to take personally. Though I do hope the potential customer service after the product is purchased yields better results than our current and past attempts.

Slight bump to keep the thread on the first page. Any news or more info, Simon? :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”