New Akai Rhythm Wolf drum machine!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any sound demos of this yet? Been looking everywhere.

Not a damn thing. Their rep said in a messe interview that putting up sound samples was a priority and that he was going to do that "next" week after returning from messe. I don't think that it happened.

Seriously, how hard can that be to do? It probably means they haven't got a working model yet :D

Only half joking by the way....what if that was true?

Anyone know if this is portable?

d-s-m wrote:Anyone know if this is portable?
Would be sweet if it ran on batteries. Seems unlikely if it's true analog. My Microbrute is tiny but needs mains power because it's true analog (according to Arturia).

But there were plenty of analogue oldies that ran on batteries...

The Volcas run on batts, no?

The BOSS Dr-110 too...

Monotrons all run on batteries, monotribe, tr606, volcas.. lots of analogs on batteries

thecontrolcentre wrote:
d-s-m wrote:Anyone know if this is portable?
Would be sweet if it ran on batteries. Seems unlikely if it's true analog. My Microbrute is tiny but needs mains power because it's true analog (according to Arturia).
"True Analog", tm, has been running off battery power for as long as it's been around. They just didn't want to incur the expense as it could raise the price unacceptably. Most analog circuits use plus and minus 12v to 15v. They don't, in fact, need very much current so running "real analog" on batteries isn't a problem, per se, it's just that the number of batteries that you'd need would probably be viewed as irritating.

There have been plenty of analogs that run from battery power. Roland's SH101 and MC202, Yamaha's CS-01, Paia's Gnome, just to name few. Roland split the 12v battery supply (8 C cells) and ran the synth on plus and minus 6v. This wasn't an issue for the SH101 because it's using ICs that were designed to run acceptably from lower voltages. The Arturia synths use a discrete Synthacon filter and I'm pretty sure that it won't function well on significantly lower voltages. The Gakken filter runs off of 6v and it is a bit of a compromise.

Since the Arturias use a 12v wall wart, they are almost certainly deriving the bipolar supply from an inverter which will add to the current consumption owing to inefficiency. That said, modern inverters are reasonably efficient. There's no reason that you couldn't run a brute from battery power, you just might not like how many batteries it would eat in a night.

I think the Monotron has an inverter running it up to 5 volts from the 3 volt battery.

Jim Y wrote:I think the Monotron has an inverter running it up to 5 volts from the 3 volt battery.

It does, you don't even have to guess as Korg provides the schematics. The filter is quite similar conceptually to the Gakken. It has some additional features, but, it's the same basic idea.

ghettosynth wrote: But, that aside, is early 90s style live electronica making a comeback? If you've ever seen prototype 909 live, you'll know what I'm talking about.

http://youtu.be/W_f4xr1k5hs
Well, I did not know that Taylor Deupree was part of Prototype 909! Big fan of some his electronica works. Learn something new everyday...
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

yehcanwehave a discussion about building the ultimate
DIY multiway PSU box some time please. this is getting
ridiculous, carting around kilos of psu's, all burning off
watts for nothing.. :x
-/+ 9vDC @300mA-600mA x 4,5,etc..

Release has been put back again....november now :lol:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”