Akai Rhythm Wolf

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This guy don't like faxi's review, seems the rhythm wolf was hitler's original idea lol!

If it had a proper LFO, you wouldn't have needed those 5 extra hands. ;)

Haha, I will send Akai your request :P

mod the #### out of it!!!! :troll:

have CV ins all over the place, a little patchbay.
then you can have LFOs and EGs to all sorts of things.
(LFO to BPF resonance on hihat/snare noise?)

maybe it's meant for modding, if it's analog and 'vanilla'?
would be nice to see it in full clatter, driving along, 4 drum
voices and the synth, no multitrack.

Someone should add frequency modulation using its own oscillators.

exactamente, hombre. time to get the scope out.
you could do a lot with some quite simple mods.
i bet its SMD though.
you got one you can open up and show us a photo?

I won't open mine yet (or ever) but you can find plenty of pictures here:
Akai Rhythm Wolf Mods

Unfortunately his instructions are only for experienced people so he won't even reply to e-mails from noobs like me with questions regarding the mods - I have tried :hihi: He's very clear on that as it's printed on the bottom of the page but I took a chance. I would love to do the hihat mod but we'll see...

Now we're talking! This is by far the best RW demo I've seen! I've bought a RW and a Tom Cat last week and so far I'm happy. I think they bought sound better than the Volca drum machine, but the bass synth of the RW is not as good as the Volca bass, which I'm going to buy very soon.

The build quality of the RW & TC is great, it's very solid even though the knobs are plastic. Both machines are heavier than expected. They are very easy to use, the manual are slim and easy to understand. The only drawback for me is the tuning issues with the wolf, even with the tuning app I have constant tuning problems with it. Sadly, the app doesn't work very well and it sometimes detune the synth instead of tuning it.

But for the price I'm quite happy. It's fun to use, sound decent and is a great compliment to my analog setup. I plan to use it with my DSi Mopho (keyboard edition) and my Korg EA-1 (yeah I know it's digital, but it has great hands controls).

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”