The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:
werp wrote:First PRS.
Sweet! If you mod a standard humbucker into the bridge, you'll have a Studio, which is just about the best pickup configuration I've ever used.
NF2 and a Pearly Gates?
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Sure, but don't do it, it'll lose too much value.

Hink wrote:
JCJR wrote:
Uncle E wrote:Indeed! Here's a nice one they have up right now:
That is pretty. I'm barely competent to build a cabinet or a simple chair. Viewed thru the filter of my limited skill, cutting into that for pickups and hardware would require not only competence, but guts and courage! :)

is this the tobacco burst or the same burst on my bari? edit NM kinda obvious :oops:

I like the wood on this, I think "natural" is hard to beat.

Uncle E wrote:Sure, but don't do it, it'll lose too much value.
I wouldn't :wink:
plenty of guitars to choose from here.

Whoops I did it again...eBay win...
Celebrating my hospital escape and my birthday.
ESP LTD GL-600 Super V
Seymour Duncan pick ups, Sperzel locking tuners, 22 med jumbo frets, all Mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard.
Wonder if I can lift it up? Should arrive next week.

Pretty rad, like an old Cadillac or Bel Air. :tu:

werp wrote:Whoops I did it again...eBay win...
Celebrating my hospital escape and my birthday.
ESP LTD GL-600 Super V
Seymour Duncan pick ups, Sperzel locking tuners, 22 med jumbo frets, all Mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard.
Wonder if I can lift it up? Should arrive next week.
congrats³ :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Werp - you have the coolest collection !

be well
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

By the way - that very same ergonomic instrument that you are talking about here is now for sale again!
Additionally, I have one other for sale that uses the same extendable ergonomic "Leg" and body shape (it was a prototype). Both baritones. Both have Sustainiacs and Roland hex pickups on them.

Hink wrote:
PsYcHo SaMuRai wrote:
Hink wrote:I've decided that my Jackson Kelly is getting tuned to standard tuning, I like the guitar but it's just too big for a recording guitar. The neck is too wide and too long, it's a great guitar for standing up (I have a better angle on my wrist when I stand for the wider neck) and it sounds great...but not for sitting. The funny thing is the Daion which is smaller on every aspect is not much better sitting down. The problem is they sit in a way where they neck is really broken down it to two segments high and low registers, of course typical. However I actually have to shift both in my lap some because they feel as if they sit on lap too far forward which isn't that big of a deal but still :shrug:
:)
All you need is a versatile, ergonomic guitar. Something you can sit in front of your DAW and record with or stand up and use. :wink:

That's really cool and tbh right up my alley (kind of reminds me of an expensive target rifle) it has everything, but for the record my point wasn't that I need a guitar that's good for sitting...2 out of 7 are not good for sitting and that's fine. Different guitars for different needs is a good thing, finding where a guitar fits in the big picture is better. I'm fortunate because I can approach this from both sides, either I can buy a guitar and mod (or not) so it has a purpose or I can build one that's just what I want. (that's why my baritone took years to complete, it started out as a Squire Tele with a warmoth neck and it's had at least a dozen different pup in it, when I settled on everything I wanted I got the body I wanted)...I'm going back to my picture for a second though because the issue is right there in plain sight, I just never laid the guitars out like this and study them like I have this weekend.

Notice on the Jackson and the Daion how far the bridge is from the bottom strap pin compared to the ESP on the right (I only put the baritone in the pic for comparison of size to the Jackson). Yup, two of my guitars fit this profile and both have the same issue ;)

Now the truth is both guitars are great guitars, the Daion is a killer rhythm guitar and has a lot of versatility tone wise and the Jackson is very aggressive sounding. There is an issue but that does not mean that the issue is a problem. The real problem is I should just get off my fat ass and stand up :lol:

Thanx for the pics of the guitar though, I like things like that and it's pretty cool :)

edit:another thingthat is interesting is this issue exists in my biggest guitar and my smallest guitar so it's not the size and fwiw there is one more guitar that I really like but never bought because I did not like how it sat in my lap..a B.C. Rich Mockingbird...so I just went and looked

yup, same issue...which means after building guitars, after being in retail selling all kinds of guitars and after decades of playing I just learned something very simple about spotting what I like which makes this a productive weekend :)

I'd be all over that thing with the telescopic leg if I hadn't bought the Gibson SGJ and ordered the Ormsby.
Dribbles a bit...

vanceg wrote:By the way - that very same ergonomic instrument that you are talking about here is now for sale again!
Additionally, I have one other for sale that uses the same extendable ergonomic "Leg" and body shape (it was a prototype). Both baritones. Both have Sustainiacs and Roland hex pickups on them.
How much?

Uncle E wrote:
vanceg wrote:By the way - that very same ergonomic instrument that you are talking about here is now for sale again!
How much?
Hope you score it Eric. It needs a good home. A sustainer is on my list and that thing looks gorgeous.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”