The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What have you got now?
Share your pics and specs.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

partscaster : my #1
Korean body & neck
Duncan "Rail" bridge
stock Fender middle PU
Duncan Antiquity neck
4 spring - dive only setup
Gotoh tuners
E.Ball "power-slinky" strings

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Nice, It looks a heck of a lot nicer then my all american strat.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

My '95 Strat Plus. Fender tells me it was Arctic White from the factory. Doesn't smell like cigarettes, so that fade is natural lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by KrisM on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meh.

Nice, my Strat plus is black with a rosewood fretboard.

Here's my Godin ACS SA
ACSsa.JPG
Damn I cannot get a good focus with a camera to save my life today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike - does your beautiful Godin send MIDI ?

If so, how successfully ? How easily is it to work with ?
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

My Fender Telecaster ...

and my LAG Tramontane ...

:)

I think those Godin Multi-Ac s have piezo hex pickups, which are compatible with Roland,Keith Macmillen and Axon MIDI output boxes. The lead is 13-pin and the pickups are active.
Very nice article indeed.

Mister Natural wrote:Mike - does your beautiful Godin send MIDI ?

If so, how successfully ? How easily is it to work with ?
Yes it's got a 13 pin midi out on that one.. Same with my freeway.
It's a joy to play as a guitar not a joy to play as a midi controller.

I stupidly have electric strings on it now. (may look like classical because of the poor focus)

It's got the rmc system in it as it is a later multilac (my LR Baggs has fishman of course)

Here's the thing about piezo type conversion as opposed to hex (roland/axis) Yes you don't get ghost notes but instead the pickup listens to the top more then the string. As a result you don't get the sustain you would from a gk as well there is an unevenness across the fretboard. On the ACS the notes drop off significantly in volume as you move up the fretboard. Where as on the Freeway the notes drop off as you move down the fretboard.

It lacks the deep deep bass of a smaller nylon string but still offers a lot of warmth.
I still prefer my older beat the hell out of LRBaggs (precursor to the acoustcaster)

It's funny I tried near everything on the market for a long time before I settled with my ztars. The thing that worked best for me with the 13pin system.... GK2a mounted to my strat not how the instructions state GK's are ,,,pickups they read string vibration. The further away from the bridge the more of a vibration is going on for the string to read. Longer sustain, faster attack, wider dynamic range and more even output across the fretboard. The trade of is note drop off on bends and occasional ghost notes.

It's funny. When I got my BabyZ Every thing changed for me I stopped playing regular guitar all together for 6 months straight. I'd have the baby next to my computer start messing around with it and wouldn't stop for hours. When I went back to playing guitar I had no desire to tap on a guitar anymore. The joy of tapping on a ztar cured that of me. Recently I've had a revival of just playing guitar and trying to avoid the ztars. I still love the z's but I'm on a quest of fingerstyle jazz guitar. Something I've done with limited capacity in the past but something I really want to burn into for now. It's a strange journey.

This is my current workhorse.
rwg450.jpg
Mahogany Back, sides and neck with a maple top. Super slender "D" profile neck with 24 frets and vine inlay. I kept on saying to myself when I first got it...If the thing only had 22 frets it wouldn't feel so stiff. The action is stunning on this thing. It's long overdue for a string change. Have "halfwounds" that have been on it for years now. I want to move up to flatwounds

Ibanez 3120
Maple top (with flame maple veneer and PRS-style wood binding)
Mahogany body
3-piece Wizard maple neck
Double locking trem
Dimarzio Tone Zone bridge pickup
Dimarzio PAF Pro neck pickup with all pole pieces raised high (I don't know why the previous owner set it up like this but it sounds great this way, like a modernized PAF)

5-Way Pickup Selector:

1. Bridge humbucker
2. Bridge split + Neck split
3. Bridge humbucker + Neck humbucker
4. Neck parallel
5. Neck humbucker

All positions are hum canceling.

Nice,

I was cleaning up my Samick Fastback getting it all ready to put fresh strings on it and.... I pulled the tuneomatic bridge off. Been looking for an hour and I'll be damned if I know where I dropped it.

Eastwood Ultra GP. I love her. :love:

Not much to say about specs: It's a remake of a 1984 Ovation Ultra GP. Similar concept like a Les Paul, mahagony with glued neck. Budget guitar but really nice. It puts out more treble than a Les Paul.

Beauty #1:

Washburn EA 20-SDLK

Beauty #2:

Washburn X40 Pro:

Alder body
Bolt on maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Schaller Floyd Rose® Bridge
Seymour Duncan® '59 reissue (neck)
Seymour Duncan® Distortion (bridge)
Grover® 18:1 gear ratio tuners

G&L Rampage Jerry Cantrell (Alice In Chains)

Multiple orgasm sound!!!

Anyway I think the greatest are Gibson Les Paul & Fender Telecaster

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”