The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know, it's not a guitar :oops: ... I decided to rationalise my amp and FX set up.
I picked up a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 head today. The second one should be in store by Friday.
I'm going to sell my Line6 DT50 2x12 as it doesn't get much use. I'll use the cabs off my Blackstar HT-5 ministack on the Tubemeisters until I figure out a couple of 2x12 cabs for them.
The Pod HD500 goes out the door, the M13 will go in the FX loops and I'll run overdrives etc into the front of the amps.
I also ordered a Zoom G5 as the the Zoom ms-50g impressed the socks off me.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

My first decent guitar I got back in '92. I ordered a G&L with different options but after a looong wait I got this instead. The music store offered it to me and since it was nicer than what I wanted, I took it and ran.

Wow, some of these guiteers are really nice.

I'll never be able to afford (nor do I deserve) anything like that.

PsYcHo SaMuRai wrote:My first decent guitar I got back in '92. I ordered a G&L with different options but after a looong wait I got this instead. The music store offered it to me and since it was nicer than what I wanted, I took it and ran.
This guitar may be worth a lot of money. I don't think G&L was legally allowed to write Fender anywhere on their guitars.

Fender tried to sue G&L so Leo settled out of court and switched to the George Fullerton signature model sunburst S-500.
I haven't checked for a long time to see what it's worth. I'll pass it on after I die.
Ironic that Leo Fender would get sued for using his signature on a guitar that he designed but when he sold Fender to CBS, he sold his trademarked name as well.

Even more ironic that his widow went on to sell G&L to one of those very same CBS executives.

Uncle E wrote:Even more ironic that his widow went on to sell G&L to one of those very same CBS executives.
company buyouts are always weird. I've never played a G&L. Always wanted to.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

In the market today you really only have two buyers. Fender and Gibson.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Uncle E wrote:Even more ironic that his widow went on to sell G&L to one of those very same CBS executives.
She passed it to John C. McLaren of BBE Sound who worked very closely with Leo and Leo respected his business decisions and felt he had a similar vision to his own.
I've kept the case, tag, all the paperwork and even the receipt from the music store I bought it from. It really is a nice sounding and playing guitar. It's about due for a refret and new saddles soon.

I just got a G&L JB-2 Tribute bass yesterday. I can't believe how good it is for the money. Put my fave flatwounds on there and gonna let her settle in for a couple of weeks, then do a complete setup. Gorgeous looking and playing beast!

tapper mike wrote:In the market today you really only have two buyers. Fender and Gibson.
:?:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
tapper mike wrote:In the market today you really only have two buyers. Fender and Gibson.
:?:
yeah, wth does that mean?

Look at Fenders family of Brands and then look at Gibson.
http://www.fender.com/brands/
http://www.gibson.com/press/brands.html

The both used to have many more brand names that they bought outright. This is why you'll see Charvel's appear on the market for a couple of years and vanish, only to come back a few years later.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote:Look at Fenders family of Brands and then look at Gibson.
http://www.fender.com/brands/
http://www.gibson.com/press/brands.html

The both used to have many more brand names that they bought outright. This is why you'll see Charvel's appear on the market for a couple of years and vanish, only to come back a few years later.
yeah, but that's far from the comprehensive list of available guitar brands ... far from it. Or, companies that acquire other brands.

Then you've got Rivera and Suhr, ex-Fender employees who left and started their own excellent companies. I'm not saying this to counter Hink's point, it's just something interesting to add to the conversation.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”