The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just picked up a PRS KL380. I've been after it for almost 3 years, there were only 100 made and it does pretty much everything I've ever wanted from a guitar:

Uncle E wrote:
hibidy wrote:EVERY indo ibby needs the fret ends done. I have no idea why. I guess it's far more humid there than anywhere else or something.
That makes some sense. Japan gets very humid in the summer time but it's rarely like Indonesia.
It's the only thing I can think of. I seriously doubt that they are being made that on purpose.

Uncle E wrote:I just picked up a PRS KL380. I've been after it for almost 3 years, there were only 100 made and it does pretty much everything I've ever wanted from a guitar:

Beauty! That pretty much kills every NGD I'll ever have (ah the perks of owning your own successful business! )

I sold off a bunch of guitars before getting it, including my Bad Horsie. :(

Awwwwwww, well, it's really nice!

Someone is selling a cheesy messed up mirror top homemade RG body on eBay, maybe I'll just pick that up and put together a fake Bad Horsie. ;)

Uncle E wrote:I just picked up a PRS KL380. I've been after it for almost 3 years, there were only 100 made and it does pretty much everything I've ever wanted from a guitar:

congrats Eric :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I've read some stories (and seen pics) about Iron Labels out of Indonesia having terrible sprouting, the part of the fret that goes into the fretboard stabbing through the binding o.O

My S1 probably had a fret job, I'm the second owner but it's at least as good as my Carvin. A friend with a $500ish RG has pretty good frets, not amazing, but not trying to slice off anyone's fingers, either.
I bet it's quite satisfying to finally have it, though. Nice!
Meh.

KrisM wrote:I bet it's quite satisfying to finally have it, though. Nice!
Yes, there's something about waiting so long for something that makes you appreciate it more. I'd wanted a Mesa Boogie Blue Angel for about 15 years before I finally got one and it's been my favorite amp since the day I finally got it. It's a similar story with my wife. :)

Man she's a looker Eric.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Knockman, I think your guitars are way kewl.

It is hard to tell looking at the pictures-- Obviously the fernandez bass is short scale, but are some of the guitars short-scale as well?

Mine looks better than it sounds. So I guess I can give it a shot.

Is that intonated? Those saddles are straight across :o

Well, they did say it looks better than it sounds >.> lol...
Meh.

It really pays to learn how to setup a guitar yourself. All the info is out there in internet land, you don't need many expensive tools, and it only takes a few hours (with a few rest days in between to let things settle). Depending on where you live, due to temperature changes, you only have to do it once or twice a year. You'll also need to do one if you change string gauges. Neck/truss rod, action/radius, pickup/pole height, intonation etc. All simple stuff! Have done all my own guitars and basses for years.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”