Best Mac host for Virus Ti?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On Windows my favourite hosts for my Ti were Cantabile for quick playing (it seemed to have the lowest latency for some reason) and Sonar, mainly because it was the only host that had a realtime freeze.

So far on Mac I haven't found any hosts that have a realtime freeze apart from Studio One 2.6 which has something similar - a convert to audio in place feature that seems to cleverly know when it needs to run offline or in realtime. Ideally I would like to use Tracktion for everything but it still struggles with the Ti; even realtime renders tend to be distorted, and Reaper has unacceptable levels of latency. Logic is OK latency-wise but I don't like not being able to bounce or freeze in place - it only allows realtime renders if you export to a file which is a pain. So is S1 the best Mac host for the Ti or are there others I should be aware of?

OK I have tested all the hosts I have now - out of them all it looks like Studio One is the best Ti experience for me on Mac. It runs smoothly, latency is good, and the "intelligent" in-place convert to audio works very well. So far what I have not tried (because I never use these features) are multi timbral setup and sidechaining, but I know they are important to many Ti users - are these easy to do in S1?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”