full fledged keyboard workstation with vst support§

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is there any aveilable full fledged keyboard workstation with vst support and knobs and faders and trigger pads and audio recootding with enough storage space and expansion memory slot and a huge built in librARY OF SOUNDS§ I think i saw one some time ago but can't find it.

I was going to say Neko, but they've cancelled it for cheesy software.
http://us.openlabs.com/2013/index.php/p ... y-hardware
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

the closest thing that i know of is arturia's origin, although it doesn't do everything that you specified. http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... intro.html

Origin doesn't do VST. It doesn't do audio recording. It's not a workstation. It's also kind of buggy and abandoned, from my extensive reading a week ago (what a shame). The only VST player devices I know of are Receptor and V-Machine, but neither are keyboards and don't do audio recording. There's the Korg Kronos X, which IS a workstation, with multiple synth engines, audio recording (I think, do check with Korg before buying), but doesn't play VSTs. You could add a Receptor/V-Machine as a sound module for that. Your budget better be high ;-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Do you mean can act as a VST host, or do you mean comes with a VST plugin to control the hardware?
If the second case, Korg M3 does, and I assume the Kronos as well.

A bit of woodworking skills could put together an integrated workstation, very handsome, any way you like it, possibly without even heating up the soldering iron. In the ballpark of a Neko. If it had to be roadworthy, would take more thought.

Depending on one's work flow, perhaps the main advantage gained for the trouble would be improved ergonomics. To make it maximally future proof would take some thought (and hoping one's future guesses turn out right).

I've thought about it, probably never do it. Maybe for the computer section, guestimate a rack computer chassis that might hold future versions of motherboards, so that the guts can be replaced when they get old, if one guesses form factors lucky enough anyway. Mount the rack computer in the big box with the back-end facing the back of the instrument case. Same deal for the audio interface.

If I ever built such a monster, would want to install two keyboards, a weighted 88 and a 61 or 73/76 lightweight keyboard. Probably have to dismount the guts from the controller keyboard cases to get the keyboards "optimally spaced".

Pads, knobs, just buy what looks like a good gamble for longevity and future proof, lots of little (and big) knob and pad panels are available. Just build em onto the top panel. Or easier and just as good, machine the correct-shaped "trays" on the top panel, with holes drilled to route the cables inside to hide the wire clutter. Tack em down so they don't want to move with screws or double sided sticky tape.

It would put everything in arms reach, which is quite a challenge setting up a keyboard+computer workspace of individual components. Even building one's own studio furniture.

No vst but does the other stuff I think maybe, not used one so I can't comment:

Casio XW-G1 Groove Synthesizer - 61-key Synthesizer with Built-in Sample Looper, 13-track Sequencer, 300 Editable PCM Sounds, and USB

Roland Fantom X both 6/8

Roland Fantom G both 6/8

Yamaha Motif XF 6/8

Yamaha Motif ES 6/8

without the sliders but a few knobs still the Yahama MOXF 6 or 8.

I bought a MOXF8 and am pretty happy with it. plus you can buy KARMA for it now.

very hard to find the all in one everything workstation nowadays.

if you want some sliders and a few knobs and vst your best bet is Roland or Yamaha, research the various models.

Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Developed by a bunch of ex-open labs people!

Jace-BeOS wrote:Origin doesn't do VST. It doesn't do audio recording. It's not a workstation. It's also kind of buggy and abandoned, from my extensive reading a week ago (what a shame)...
Yeah, true it's not really a VST hardware device. Didn't know it was abandoned, it's still on Arturia's website. Whether it's supported properly is another matter I suppose. But as far as I understood its modules are the same VST instruments Arturia relesed separately aren't they? CS80V, MinimoogV etc. I was hoping the model would develop and similar cheaper options would come on the market.

Anyone seen the German guy who makes custom hardware/VSTi hybrids? Who wouldn't love the Diva controller?

Here's the website for anyone interested: http://www.synth-project.de/

amazing.

fantom and motif models host VST? i'd vaguely got that idea..how
does it work out? good/bad?

nobody mentions Receptor?

those Neko things look like they're just PCs in keyboards, right?

there isnt a workstation that hosts vst's.

That neko stuff is a small pc with a keyboard.
dedication to flying

Ashe37 wrote:
Developed by a bunch of ex-open labs people!
Who desperately need to steal some designers from Apple.

this one looks goo

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”