The second best $30 stompbox that I've ever purchased

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bharris22 wrote:Hi Hink,

Are these GGG pedals difficult to build? Are more than basic soldering skills required? Ihe Brown Sound in a Box sounds like a cool one, and the Mammoth enclosures look pretty nice . . . .What size knobs work with these pedals (would you mind including a link to the Marshall ones)?

Sorry for all the questions, but this sounds like it's right up my alley. Thanks!
the only other skill you'll need is to be able to indentify Resistors either with the color bands on them (and they send you a card with what each band means) or with a multimeter...GGG has photos of it assembled plus a wiring diagram and good instructions .

As for knobs Mammoth Electronics has them as well as painted enclosures (if you buy the enclosure from mammoth for GGG do not get it pre-drilled, they drill easy but the size of the circuit board may be a little large so if you drill it yourself it fits in better)

:)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Thanks!!

bharris22 wrote:Thanks!!
if you need any help please feel free to PM me, ask here or better yet in the DIY forum :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Will do!

Jim Y wrote:Being old enough to remember a lot of "valuable" vintage gear the first time around, I am pretty stunned by current prices and attitudes BUT also amazed how simple a lot of it turns out to be now I can easily view the circuit schematics online.
So, I've built the easy ones on perfboard such as Big Muff, Fuzz Face etc. No big deal really, but they sound great. These are really simple projects to do, but even if you don't want to build it yourself, there are hoards of small cottage industry builders out there who make a good job of building these "clones".

But, the point I really want to make, is that there are no components in the majority of vintage pedals that cannot still be obtained. A 100% TS808 clone is easy (and it is a really simple circuit).

Then there are others I've been looking at ( eg Roland Jet phaser) that are really fairly complex, but still, nothing in it made out of unobtainium :)
Yeah, I'm with you on this. I looked into building a clone of the Tech-21 pedal that the joyo American is supposed to be a clone of and I decided that it was way worth $30 not to have to build that circuit. There's nothing particularly difficult about, per se, but it's not a fuzz face and it would take some time to do.

anyone have any experience with Nux pedals?

this caught my eye - Nux Mod Core

macmurphy wrote:anyone have any experience with Nux pedals?

this caught my eye - Nux Mod Core
They sound artificial to me but you might like them if you're not going for an analog sound.

cheers Uncle E

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”