Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

janostman wrote:The user interface doesn't make any noise at all.
That doesn't mean that people don't think that a synth with knobs sounds better. The McGurk effect demonstrates that what we see impacts what we hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UzWeZZ9XeQ
However our nonsense discussion does.
Speak for yourself mate.

Why don't you guys discussing VCO's, DCO's, and digital oscillators take that discussion somewhere else? It's been done to death already, it's boring, and it's kind of irrelevant to this thread. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. :D

On topic: One of the preset designers posted a clip of assorted presets on soundcloud. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised. I hope Dave makes a poly version of this synth with the new dual filter configuration.

https://soundcloud.com/robertrich/dsi-p ... ew-presets

[...]

eXode wrote:Why don't you guys discussing VCO's, DCO's, and digital oscillators take that discussion somewhere else? It's been done to death already, it's boring, and it's kind of irrelevant to this thread. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. :D
We already have, for now, you're late to the party. That said, I disagree that design is off topic.

ghettosynth wrote:
eXode wrote:Why don't you guys discussing VCO's, DCO's, and digital oscillators take that discussion somewhere else? It's been done to death already, it's boring, and it's kind of irrelevant to this thread. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. :D
We already have, for now, you're late to the party. That said, I disagree that design is off topic.
Well, I started this topic, and from the look of things "the party" you talk of looks like it was a real bummer, so perhaps you can take it somewhere else in the future. Like I said, it's a beaten, dead horse.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting your "final word" on the matter. It seems like it's your "thing".

eXode wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Well, I started this topic, and from the look of things "the party" you talk of looks like it was a real bummer, so perhaps you can take it somewhere else in the future. Like I said, it's a beaten, dead horse.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting your "final word" on the matter. It seems like it's your "thing".
Word!

Ah I promised myself no more gear this year but after reading up on this one and watching a couple of videos on YouTube I guess i'm gonna have to have one of these very soon. Sounds absolutely fab to me. Plenty of features i'd use as well. Did anyone else here buy one? I see they're £1399 (great price).

The cv hooked me.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Thought I'd contribute a little here. It's a very interesting synth. Some very cool sounds posted already, here are some I've made on it so far

http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/az-dsi ... io-demo-ii

And honestly I feel I've just scratched the surface
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Thought I'd contribute a little here. It's a very interesting synth. Some very cool sounds posted already, here are some I've made on it so far
Some lovely stuff there... I haven't tried one yet, but the filters sound more interesting to me than the few DSI synths I've tried before.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”