New British hybrid polysynth on the way!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:
Kriminal wrote:3k.... no thanks. :o
That's cheaper than I thought it would be. The M12 retailed at $6400 in 1985.
M12?

Anyway, it seems very expensive for what it is. Even if i could afford it it (obviously i cant) i would be looking at alternatives. I guess being poly ups the price, but i'd prob opt for an Andromeda.

Still, its good to see new stuff coming out.

Kriminal wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
M12?
Oberheim Matrix 12.
Anyway, it seems very expensive for what it is. Even if i could afford it it (obviously i cant) i would be looking at alternatives. I guess being poly ups the price, but i'd prob opt for an Andromeda.
I'm not sure that I agree that the A6 is a better value. That remains to be seen.
Yep.

LimboLoves wrote:Video was removed
Try again.

I have no idea why people keep deleting their posts. Can someone please explain it?

-Sam

masterhiggins wrote:I have no idea why people keep deleting their posts. Can someone please explain it?

-Sam

He's talking about the sonicstate video, not KVR posts. It's still available on the previous page, or linked from vimeo in this article.

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/07/m ... nth-video/

I thought he was talking about your posts....

Want - that is the most beautiful analog polysynth I've seen since Andromeda.

Kriminal wrote:I thought he was talking about your posts....
It sounded like "he=higgins" thought that LimboLoves was talking about KVR, he=limboloves wasn't, LimboLoves was talking about the missing video. I think that pretty much covers it.

ghettosynth wrote:
It sounded like "he=higgins" thought that LimboLoves was talking about KVR, he=limboloves wasn't, LimboLoves was talking about the missing video. I think that pretty much covers it.

Not really...your posts keep getting edited to "..."

aMUSEd wrote:Want - that is the most beautiful analog polysynth I've seen since Andromeda.
The ladder filters sound great as well. If one has the budget, it's a nice toy.

Kriminal wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
M12?

How is it expensive for what it is?

The Andromeda was £2.5k when it was new nearly 15 years ago.

This is a bespoke 'no compromise' new hybrid polysynth. Even a Virus is £2k new these days.

Compared to a Venom though, sure it's a lot of money.

Correct. It's hard to keep track of conversations when huge chunks of it are missing. A couple of people do that and I couldn't really think of a good reason. It's not like anything inflammatory is being said. Sometimes it's something like, "I like ice cream" and then 20 mins later it's deleted. Just curious.

-Sam

tehlord wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
M12?

The Andromeda was £2.5k when it was new nearly 15 years ago.
People tend to remember the blowout prices.
This is a bespoke 'no compromise' new hybrid polysynth. Even a Virus is £2k new these days.

Compared to a Venom though, sure it's a lot of money.
It IS a lot of money, but I don't think that it's overpriced. It's about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cheap sedan. A Prophet 5 cost more than a cheap sedan when it came out.

tehlord wrote:

because its expensive for what it is...fairly self explanitory

tehlord wrote: The Andromeda was £2.5k when it was new nearly 15 years ago.
And? they cost half that now....
tehlord wrote: This is a bespoke 'no compromise' new hybrid polysynth. Even a Virus is £2k new these days.
didnt realise a Virus was a bespoke 'no compromise' new hybrid polysynth...

tehlord wrote: Compared to a Venom though, sure it's a lot of money.

compared to a venom, my car was a lot of money, my compound mitre saw was a lot of money, even my minbrute was a lot of money, but the venom has paid for itself several times over... whats your point?

Kriminal wrote:
tehlord wrote:

because its expensive for what it is...fairly self explanitory

For a well made quality instrument it isn't. There are plenty of guitars that cost a lot more.

tehlord wrote: The Andromeda was £2.5k when it was new nearly 15 years ago.
And? they cost half that now....

Not at all relevant to the price of a new synth
tehlord wrote: This is a bespoke 'no compromise' new hybrid polysynth. Even a Virus is £2k new these days.
didnt realise a Virus was a bespoke 'no compromise' new hybrid polysynth...

It isn't, and I never said it was

tehlord wrote: Compared to a Venom though, sure it's a lot of money.

compared to a venom, my car was a lot of money, my compound mitre saw was a lot of money, even my minbrute was a lot of money, but the venom has paid for itself several times over... whats your point?

What is the point of your Venom having paid for itself several times over? My copy of Sylenth has paid for itself more than 50 times over. So I win

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”