New British hybrid polysynth on the way!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tehlord wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
tehlord wrote:
How is it expensive for what it is?

because its expensive for what it is...fairly self explanitory

For a well made quality instrument it isn't. There are plenty of guitars that cost a lot more.
is it a guitar too? How do you know its a well made quality instrument, do you have one?

Can I also get a synth that pays for itself?
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

Kriminal wrote:
tehlord wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
tehlord wrote:
How is it expensive for what it is?

because its expensive for what it is...fairly self explanitory

For a well made quality instrument it isn't. There are plenty of guitars that cost a lot more.
is it a guitar too? How do you know its a well made quality instrument, do you have one?

I'm done here bro :hihi:

You have been, homie

ghettosynth wrote:...
:tu: 8)

Damn, son.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Damn, son.
Nice toy, eh?

Yep, it would go nice with my diamond encrusted Mercedes.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Yep, it would go nice with my diamond encrusted Mercedes.
I'm really a bit surprised at the response to the price. Yes, it's expensive, but it's really a nice synth and I don't think that it's that far out of line. Cmon, it's got those custom wooden end cheeks, who does that?

Seriously, although I'm not in the market, I would think that those of you who are "real players" would find the attention to detail in a quality instrument valuable and important. I'm like the world's worst keyboard player, no really, not as bad as you're thinking, worse than that, by at least a factor of two, probably more, and even I appreciate the difference a nicely weighted high quality keyboard action makes.

I watched the Sonic State video. The build quality and interface both look great but I don't think it sounds great. Maybe I'm krazy? :nutter:

ghettosynth wrote:
Sendy wrote:Yep, it would go nice with my diamond encrusted Mercedes.
I'm really a bit surprised at the response to the price. Yes, it's expensive, but it's really a nice synth and I don't think that it's that far out of line. Cmon, it's got those custom wooden end cheeks, who does that?
It is unique looking... the screen looks super sharp and clear and easy to see what you are doing even at an angle. There are some innovative ideas implemented.

It is 12 voices that can be layered and split... multi-timbral... The demo guy went over the sequencer features really fast, but it sounds very powerful... 16 track 32 step sequencer? impressive!

I found it hard to have a real impression of the sound from the video... but otherwise it sure seems like a decent value for the price...

Frantz wrote:I watched the Sonic State video. The build quality and interface both look great but I don't think it sounds great. Maybe I'm krazy? :nutter:
Sometimes people say, "it has bad presets", and I think that they're full of shit, the synth just sounds bad, but here, I really do think that's the problem. The filter sounds fantastic in this thing and I don't think that they're doing a great job of showing it off. That said, it's a hybrid and I think that the oscillators lack the subtle motion of a good analog and this will impact perception.

My money is on this thing becoming a new classic. Maybe the price will mean that it is short lived and we'll see them showing up on the used market in a few years for $6k or more?

This little $325 USD synth from Brazil sounds great to me. It also has DCOs and a VCF but it has a smooth mellow analog sound that I love. Start watching at around 2:30. It's not a great comparison because it's a very basic monosynth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkC8q8c8 ... hXIA#t=223

On the other hand, Modulus ($5,000+ USD) sounds harsh and digital to me. The oscillators sound like they are scratching my eardrums. The filter is OK but it's not warm or can't sound warm given what it has to work with. It's trying it's best but fighting a losing battle.

I agree that it's no Jupiter 8. I don't think that it's trying to be. It's really something that I would expect from Waldorf and while I hear what you're saying about the character of the oscillators, I think that character combined with a ladder filter sounds great.

ghettosynth wrote:I agree that it's no Jupiter 8. I don't think that it's trying to be. It's really something that I would expect from Waldorf and while I hear what you're saying about the character of the oscillators, I think that character combined with a ladder filter sounds great.
I own a Waldorf Q which is far from warm but I think this is harsher. It's a matter of taste I guess.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”