What's Your "Go To" guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've only got one electric, so I reach for my Strat when I'm in that mood.
But most of the time I play acoustic. I think my Gibson plays better than the Taylor,
but the Taylor has the bright sound I love.

hmm ... strat or PRS, but I'm not sure I have a go to. I play what sounds right for what I'm playing.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

My 8-string Ibanez SIX28 pretty much makes me not touch my others anymore.
Meh.

1983 Strat Elite (Wine Red, Maple Neck). My baby. :love:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

:love: 1994 Parker Fly

Would also love to own a Suhr, a real nice Strat, and a real nice acoustic.

But the one I do play is the Fly. Magnificent.

KrisM wrote:My 8-string Ibanez SIX28 pretty much makes me not touch my others anymore.
I've yet to try an 8-string. What's it like?

Vigier Excalibur. Love the neck.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

The only place I've ever seen Vigiers is in magazines and Stanley Jordan video's.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

ESP Horizon nt II. I took it to a pro, who invented true temperament necks, and had him install evertune bridge. No tuning problems anymore and so much better intonation. :love:

I try to "walk" them equally - to keep them tuned up, neck properly adjusted to the season temperature and humidity. It's a pity with warped necks on nice instruments.

If I don't care about playing one for a long time - I sell it off.

I have a £40 strat copy, no idea what brand. It leans against a rad in the corner....never goes out of tune. The SG is never in tune :hihi:

Codestation wrote:
KrisM wrote:My 8-string Ibanez SIX28 pretty much makes me not touch my others anymore.
I've yet to try an 8-string. What's it like?
Me, I took to it pretty easily. It's bigger, but not uncomfortably so. I don't have any major issues even in first position (with short fingers), and barely notice the 1.5" scale difference (25.5" to 27").

I played an RGA8 locally before making a decision.
Meh.

I just got a Fender Marauder... My other guitars are feeling VERY neglected.

My bastardized Les Paul. My take on the Alex Lifeson Axcess; it has a Graph Tech Ghost Floyd Rose like the Lifeson, but it has the Hexpander board with a 13 pin output instead of the Lifeson's "acoustic" mode and also has the traditional neck angle. A DiMarzio Norton for the bridge pickup and a 57 Classic for the neck.

My other go to's my American Standard Strat- it has EMGs.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:My other go to's my American Standard Strat- it has EMGs.
EMGs? I assume you play it for the Strat feel rather than a traditional Strat sound then?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”