Any 49 or 61 Hammer-Action weigthed keyboards?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks
I'm looking for a keyboard (MIDI controller, digital piano, workstation, synth... it doesn't matter) with 49 or 61 Hammer-Action weigthed keys. Is there something like that? Or, the smallest keyboards with weighted keys are the ones with 73 keys?

Tnx

I vaguely recall a recent namm video of some controller company promising such. In the past Roland made at least one short weighted action piano, and maybe they still do, though maybe rare.

I had a roland rhodes (mk60??) piano which had what I considered a very playable weighted action with 64 keys-- Like a 61 with three extra keys tacked on the bottom end. It was basically an 88 missing two octaves. I still have the beast and would play it except I played it so many years on six-night a week club gigs I wore out the stripes on the switch circuit board and can't get replacement boards last time I checked. Still works fine as the biggest heaviest midi module of all time. :) Have thought maybe one of these days putting the sound generator, midi circuitry and power supply in a rack chassis. Some criticized that SA tone, and the piano wasn't much to write homeabout, but the rhodes, wurlie and vibes weren't half bad.

I had a FATAR 61 key board, if model was called 161 or something.

You might look at Studiologic as well which is basically the same.

I also had a Kurzweil with Fatar keybeds, but not sure what the 61 or 73 key Kurzweil use. Quite sure they are really good, either way.

I have now a simple Yamaha P85, which is 88 keys, but there might be models with the same keybeds. I don't think hammer action per se, but really decent keybeds with a real weighted feel. Bought entirely for the keybed, not the sound.

Thanks guys
Studiologic has the VMK161Plus model, which is exactly what I'm looking for, but at 500Euros is over my budget. I hope I could find a used unit.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”