Krk Monitor Problem

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys i have a problem with my krk rokit 5 gp2.Only one monitor makes a pop noise when turned on,i have tried everything ,swapped cables,tried other power outlets but the problem persists.I turn the monitors on last ofc so thats not the problem either.there are no problems while they are on ,but whenever i turn them on the left one makes that noise as if a kick is playing. any thoughts on what might be the issue?

I am also having intermittent bleeding noise issues with those speakers it's like there is a component not behaing well.

I have opened one up to double check the internals and everything looks really neat but it's hard to pinpoint.

I have made sure the internal connectors are well secured. Maybe it can help.

Mine is intermittent.

If still under warranty, then go back to the shop.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

A few weeks ago on this forum was another thread of a fellow complaining that one speaker out of the pair (of krk monitors) had a thump or pop on both power up and power down. And a couple of others responded that they were experiencing the same issue.

Agreed, under warranty, make them fix/replace.

If not under warranty, decision is necessary to figure out whether repair would be worth the money spent.

If I had that problem and the speaker were out of warranty, then if the pop/thump seemed no louder than the typical level of a kick drum in a fairly loud mix, then I would make a wild guess that the thump is not loud enough to be dangerous to the woofer and tweeter, and would probably decide to save the time/money/hassle, and live with the issue rather than repair it.

However, if the sound was outrageously loud, then I would fix it, figuring that it would be cheaper to fix the amp, before the drivers get damaged and have to be fixed in addition to fixing the amp.

Not to be construed as advice. Just what I would probably do.

Many or most amps have circuitry intended to mute turn-on and turn-off thumps, so if one of the pair is thumping, then one might safely assume that the circuit is faulty on one of them.

The area of concern, rather than mere annoyance, would be greater for powered speakers with rather powerful amps. For instance a multimedia computer speaker with a 2 watt or 8 watt amp chip inside, perhaps the amp couldn't generate enough power to damage the drivers even if the thump is real severe in the tiny amp.

Does the monitor make a loud "pop" when your power it on? Or does it "pop" when you plug the aux cable into a computer when they're on? I had this 2nd problem, I don't remember which knob it was, but there's two of them on the back of the monitor, one for volume and one for level adjustment, I would experiment with turning each knob down and seeing which one fixes it, I'm not by my monitors so I can't be more specific at the moment.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”