Midi controller under 250$

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mysticvibes wrote:Is that only a modulation wheel on that roland?
No you push up for modulation and go side to side for pitch. Some people don't like the mod and pitch wheel because it has a spring and will jump back to the middle when you let go.
:borg:

If you hurry after it, you'll find a Roland A-800 Pro (used) on eBay for $250

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-A-800-Pr ... 25938ff34c

Only new Midi Controllers. Must have a warranty otherwise not confident due to last midi controller not working after a month or two. Never anything from M Audio again.. If a hardware synth will consider only if interest is really peaked etc..

Thanks though :D
Peace
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:Only new Midi Controllers. Must have a warranty otherwise not confident due to last midi controller not working after a month or two. Never anything from M Audio again.. If a hardware synth will consider only if interest is really peaked etc..

Thanks though :D
Peace
my local music dealer said a new Roland A-800 Pro is $340.00 Canadian so i imagine you can find something for a bit less if your in the USA. They are pretty solidly built but are very light in weight and it's completely USB powered which is excellent.

The synth-action keybed is very responsive and the 8 backlit trigger pads are good too. It comes pretty much ready to play for most major DAWs.

If you want to get dirty with the customization you can definitely read the big manual and customize it to your hearts content.

More specs and such here
http://www.roland.com/products/en/A-800PRO/

Honestly given the quality of the keyboard I think it's kind of a bargain at the asking price of $340.00

I tried out the Novation SL mk2 series keyboards and it feels not as solidly built as the Roland.
:borg:

After quite a bit of research, I'm considering the Nektar Impact:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ImpactLX49/
It's pretty affordable, being only $159, and it seems like a durable controller with all the features I'm looking for. It's got 49 keys, knobs, sliders, buttons and even a drum pad section. Not to mention it's a gorgeous piece of equipment.

If I just needed the keys and wheels, and was even more on a budget, I'd go with the IK Multimedia iRig:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iRigKeys/

mysticvibes wrote: Never anything from M Audio again..
Just out of interest: What exactly broke on your Axiom 49?

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:After quite a bit of research, I'm considering the Nektar Impact:
http://www.jrrshop.com/nektar-impact-lx49
It's pretty affordable, being only $159, and it seems like a durable controller with all the features I'm looking for. It's got 49 keys, knobs, sliders, buttons and even a drum pad section. Not to mention it's a gorgeous piece of equipment.
Plus KVR legend justin3am works there and programs the templates.

At your price point, I strongly recommend this one.

You get:
- A premium keybed by Fatar.
- Standard Modulation/Pitchbend.
- Aftertouch.
- "Smart" endless encoders mapped automatically to your plugins through Automap, linked directly with on-keyboard visual feedback.
- Ports for sustain as well as expression pedals.

-Ki
Salem Beats

I bought an akai mpk 49 for $200 on eBay, might want to try on there, just be very careful with whom you buy from, someone with reputable feedback preferably

The MPK's are excellent, really good for programming. The mk2 version is coming out soon. The MAX keyboards are even better.

Uncle E wrote:
jack [psychicmodulation] wrote:After quite a bit of research, I'm considering the Nektar Impact:
http://www.jrrshop.com/nektar-impact-lx49
Plus KVR legend justin3am works there and programs the templates.
Are those Impacts re-branded Oxygens because they look very similar?

tehlord wrote:
No they are not. The v4 Oxygens w/ pads were first shown at Winter NAMM 2014, when the Impact LX49/61 were already on the market.

We design all of our products in-house. :)

justin3am wrote:
tehlord wrote:
No they are not. The v4 Oxygens w/ pads were first shown at Winter NAMM 2014, when the Impact LX49/61 were already on the market.

We design all of our products in-house. :)

Hi justin

Just a suggestion for the company:

I think the market seriously lack a dedicated Synth midi controller, with at least 8 knobs for each synth sections: osc, filters, amps and modulation (32 encoders would be ideal).

I dont why every manufacturer sticks to 8 knobs/encoders plus 8 sliders, it's not enough.

Thanks!
dedication to flying

Thanks Rod, I appreciate the suggestion. This is an idea we have explored and it's certainly not out of the question.
rod_zero wrote: I dont why every manufacturer sticks to 8 knobs/encoders plus 8 sliders, it's not enough.
We take customer feedback very seriously but we also have to take into consideration what our retailers will stock. We have had a lot of support from stores like like JRR Shop and Sweetwater but many stores don't want to stock products that are different from what they know they can sell. Hell, just coming to retailers with a new brand name was a tremendous struggle.

I don't want to pull the curtain back too far... :hihi:

justin3am wrote:We take customer feedback very seriously but we also have to take into consideration what our retailers will stock. We have had a lot of support from stores like like JRR Shop and Sweetwater but many stores don't want to stock products that are different from what they know they can sell.
FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if having more controls would help you get into other retailers since it'd differentiate you from all the M-Audio/Alesis/Akai controllers. Not that I want you getting into other retailers... ;)

Pulling the curtain back a little further, I can tell you that you don't want to go neck-and-neck with those guys because they're on a mission to beat everyone in the race to the bottom. The funny thing is they're all the same company (Numark) and now the only ones they're racing to the bottom are themselves. ;)

Anyway, just know that whatever you do, we're going to support you! I remind Greg all the time that you, Justin, are personally responsible for all the support we give to Nektar.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”