New Electribes

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want both :)

Uncle E wrote:We'll be selling them for $399 each. The synth is coming out next month but the sampler isn't coming till 2015. :(

But seriously, any ETA on when preorders will start?
Tarekith wrote:I want both :)
yup. Looking like I can sync them with my OP-1 via my Oplab's sync out. May need to break out my patch bay so I can sample my samplers while sampling samples of samples. Dawg. >.>
Meh.

Hmmmm.... I am a bit two-minded about this.... Interesting new products and features, but i was hoping, considering their recent venture, that they would annonce something a bit more weightly in the analogue department.. Those (especially the volca) feel a gap in the current market or upgrade their classics, but i was seriously hoping for a souped-up analogue synth/poly/sequencer from them.... I am not an analoguw purist by any mean (both analogue and digital got their use), but no news of the previously annonced ARP, for exemple.... Wait and see... Oh, and having the synth engine in the sampler is a very good move...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aah! indeed... thanks.
althought still far away, it seems they are working on it then. good news.
I can't wait!!!
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

I might buy it to have fun with this one and the red one i still love the trashy punky sound of the red one !

Does it have the capability route audio out the USB connector? I'd prefer to stay all digitial/ITB, and as I'm using a focusrite Forte I'm having trouble finding an interface with the same quality that has more inputs...

beatdriver408 wrote: I'm using a focusrite Forte I'm having trouble finding an interface with the same quality that has more inputs...

Really?

There are many.

seems Uncle E has preorders up now.
Meh.

that's good: just collect the pdf's, skip buying the products,
and save money.

what's wrong with aux outs? :cry:

tehlord wrote:Difficult to judge at this stage, but these look like they have the potential to be 80% of an Elektron product at less than 1/3 the price.
I've never used and electribe before and I appreciate no-one has used these new models yet, but can anyone give me some more insight into the sound design capabilities of these things?

The sales stuff says it has the same waveforms and filters as the KingKorg, which are really nice (include the MS-20 filter :) ) so it should sound great.

Whilst I won't be using this to make crazy BBC soundlab FX from the 70's, will generating my own sounds be something this focusses on? Could it be a viable replacement for a basic yet characterful monosynth? Or, is it more of a preset-tweaker and the real focus is the sequencing ability?

Thanks for any insight from electribe users / those in the know!
Last edited by stevemac on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Electribes have always begged to be played / twisted / mangled / abused. Certainly not preset machines, IMO.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:The Electribes have always begged to be played / twisted / mangled / abused. Certainly not preset machines, IMO.
For sure, but would it be conducive to me sitting down and saying, "Right, I'm going to make a cool house bass patch and a lead line like X i heard the other day" like I may do on existing synths, or is it more, mangle a sound until something you like comes out the other end?

Well, it's never going to be quite the same as using a proper synth i.e. one with a more typical synth interface, but I would say yes they good for creating your own sounds from scratch.

Note: my Electribe experience is with the original versions released in early 2000s but I think the general idea has remained pretty consistent through each model they've released - just that the feature set has been expanded.

A couple of friends have the previous models, they're very happy. Have seen one of them perform live (deep house / techno set). Sounded great, up there with the best.

Are they going to cover the same ground as Elektron gear? No, I don't think so - it will be close, but I'd say Elektron take the concepts presented in the Elektribes a bit further (I have multiple Elektron boxes).

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”