New Electribes

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If the waveforms are nice and buzzy, the filters as good as the KingKorg, gives quick access to the filter and amp envelope, and has an intuitive sequencer / has composition tools... sounds like a winner to be honest

Looks like the waveforms can be easily morphed as well with that big knob - could well be a damn good shout.

I'm starting to sway towards the synth version rather than the sampler now, that KingKorg engine sounds really nice. Plus I heard the sampler version can only read 999 samples? Although I'll wait till they actually get released and read the reviews before I decide.

stevemac wrote:For sure, but would it be conducive to me sitting down and saying, "Right, I'm going to make a cool house bass patch and a lead line like X i heard the other day" like I may do on existing synths, or is it more, mangle a sound until something you like comes out the other end?
The EA-1 and EMX-1 Electribes were better for quickly creating well known sounds than for mangling sounds. I imagine this new one will be the same.

Have I got this right - the electribe uses an analog modelling engine with a stack of interesting waveforms to choose from (plus the PCM sounds that are mainly drums) and the sampler electribe uses samples of waveforms and allows you to import your own, but has the same architecture and components for the rest (except you don't get the PCM sounds).

So, normal = some cool waveforms making experimentation easy... sampler = scope to bring in sampled waves from some great vintage synths / random noises for different experimentation??

Korg states sampler has only 3 filter types whereas regular version has 16 or something - so the synth engine on sampler might be scaled down in some aspects

gjvti wrote:Korg states sampler has only 3 filter types whereas regular version has 16 or something - so the synth engine on sampler might be scaled down in some aspects
I think that was fairly obvious tbh, I mean why would they sell seperate versions at the same price if the sampler had all the capabilities of the synth version?

I really hope these sound as nice as the King Korg does. If they do have the same engine then I'm almost definitely going to get one.

Just wish they were out now - I'm in the market for a new bit of inexpensive gear and the microbrute is tempting me :)

stevemac wrote:Just wish they were out now - I'm in the market for a new bit of inexpensive gear and the microbrute is tempting me :)
Has word gotten out about the Microbrute news?

Uncle E wrote:
stevemac wrote:Just wish they were out now - I'm in the market for a new bit of inexpensive gear and the microbrute is tempting me :)
Has word gotten out about the Microbrute news?
What news is that!?

Attempting to resist buying a micro and try the electribe out first... Patience!

stevemac wrote:What news is that!?

Attempting to resist buying a micro and try the electribe out first... Patience!
I'm not allowed to say. If you're thinking of getting a MicroBrute, though, you'll want to wait for it.

Uncle E wrote:
stevemac wrote:What news is that!?

I'm not allowed to say. If you're thinking of getting a MicroBrute, though, you'll want to wait for it.
What a tease! Can you say how long we need to wait?? :)

tbh, I thought it would have been announced by now. Shouldn't be long.

October announce, november release, christmas cash fest?

Interesting...so it's about Microbrute, not the Mini...very interesting :) There's just one thing that prevents me from getting one (dear Santa, please make it true)... same goes fro the Rocket (I know, different brand)...man, I hate waiting for good news :)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:Interesting...so it's about Microbrute, not the Mini...very interesting :) There's just one thing that prevents me from getting one (dear Santa, please make it true)... same goes fro the Rocket (I know, different brand)...man, I hate waiting for good news :)
The Rocket is very, very good. Honestly, that's the one I'd get, at least unless you're going to use the Electribe's Live integration.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”