TC Electronic D-Two midi sync to Studio One?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Just bought a TC Electronic D-Two and managed to get it working as an outboard effect in Studio One with Pipeline Stereo. Is it possible to have the delay sync to Studio One's current BPM?

Got a midi cable from my soundcard's (Focusrite Saffire Pro40) midi out to the midi in on the D-Two but the delay timing doesn't change when I change BPM in Studio One.

Any suggestions to a guy who forgot a lot about how to use hardware effects and midi sync?
Threshold Productions | linktr.ee/thresholdproductions.se

If it's anything like my M-One or Fireworx (which it likely is), there is a setting for activating external sync in the Setup menu.

See page 14
http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/21639 ... nglish.pdf

Thanks! I got midi sync set to 1/1, but when I change bpm in the host or change preset on the D-Two it doesn't follow the host's bpm. Maybe I did something wrong.

Hmm... Are you sure Studio One is sending MIDI Beat Clock to your MIDI output and not MTC? I'm not sure how to configure a MIDI sync output in Studio One. My M-One and Fireworx sync to Live and Bitwig without any problems.

That might be it. Just watched a tutorial showing how to make studio one send midi clock to the soundcard's midi out. I never thought I had to set that up. I will try it out tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

I managed to get Studio One to send midi clock, but it didn't make the D-Two sync. Then I found the error: a faulty midicable.
Now everything works :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”