How to transpose beatstep sequence with midi keyboard in Live?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

I am using Arturia beatstep in Live 9, and would like to be able to transpose Beatstep sequence's using my midi controller keyboard.

I want to do exactly what this guy is doing (the only difference is I have an akai lpk25 instead of a nanopad): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUU7cpl0t9M

In Live I have set the preferences like that :
* Input LPK25 : Track on
* Input Beatstep : Track On
* Output Beatstep : Sync On.

I have created a track in Live with FM8 receiving midi from beatstep with monitor IN and 'ext sync' is activated on the beatstep.When I press play in live the sequence runs fine.

Then I have added another midi track receiving midi from my Lpk25.Midi output is coming to FM8 with Track in.
But transposition does not work : the initial sequence continues to play and I also hear the notes I am playing on my keyboard.
what have I missed?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Hello,

Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks,
T

taldt33 wrote:I have created a track in Live with FM8 receiving midi from beatstep with monitor IN and 'ext sync' is activated on the beatstep.When I press play in live the sequence runs fine.

Then I have added another midi track receiving midi from my Lpk25.Midi output is coming to FM8 with Track in.
But transposition does not work : the initial sequence continues to play and I also hear the notes I am playing on my keyboard.
what have I missed?

Thanks in advance for your answers
So where's the track that goes to the Beatstep Midi Input? (input: LPK - output: Beatstep)

Thanks T-CM11; I understand I miss something but have difficulty to see what...

So have you tried what I said? (input: LPK - output: Beatstep) And?

I was thinking about getting one of these. I used to have one but never realized you could transpose with midi input.

One question comes to mind though. If you transpose would it still be in the same key? Let's say you're playing in C Major and you transpose down to A. I'm assuming it would change keys to A Major instead of playing A Minor.

Thoughts?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”