Faxi Nadu - Akai Rhythm Wolf SUCKS - Video Rantview Part 1

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

valerian_777 wrote:
dermichl wrote:i still stand my ground that you're a spoilt brat who forgot to take his medicine...
If you don't like it don't watch it. Easy as that. No need to insult this guy (a 2nd time now btw). Hopefully you have something useful to add to a thread next time.
the same goes for the so called reviewer - if you don't like it don't use it. it's just a matter of behavior... i stopped counting him saying funky words (which doesn't qualify him as a serious reviewer, does it)

if this jerk feels angry about having bought the Rhythm Wolf then why doesn't he just say "it sounds like shit to me" and return it to his seller?

would make him look educated
ymmv

If "that jerk" just said "it sounds like shit to me" without explaining exactly why it sounds like shit to him, then no one would have had any reason to take him seriously, because people actually need reasoned explanations. "That jerk" doesn't just state his OBVIOUSLY GENUINE opinion that this instrument f**king sucks, he explains in many ways exactly why he thinks it f**king sucks. He actually does a much better review job than most "professional (paid off) reviewers". He demonstrates exactly how the controls are hardly responsive, the bugs he has encountered, how the only way to get a kind of snappy sound involves a huge increase in (background, not wanted) noise, and so on. Things that people would have had no way of knowing otherwise, because no one who is oh so nice and polite, or works for Akai, would have bothered to show them and warn them about.

He mentioned that he wouldn't have cared so much about the many issues if it was a much cheaper product. He could have "lived with it", but he believes that FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU PAY for this, you shouldn't be getting such a low quality product, and that's the main thing that bothers him, and the main reason he's "such a jerk" about this product. He cares about getting his money's worth, and to warn others WITH ACTUAL REASONING so that they would be able to make an informed decision. He chooses not to hold back in expressing his frustration as well, and for some reason, it offends you so much that you call him a "spoiled brat" and a "jerk". You think that him being offensive towards a PRODUCT he bought gives you the right to be offensive towards him.

I would have made an effort to be less harsh than Faxi when reviewing this product, because I think there is a small chance that the person who designed the synth sections is not an asshole who threw things together just to make a quick product, but someone inexperienced who made a serious effort. A small chance. However, since in the end we're talking about a product that costs a considerable amount of money and is really not worth that much (but yes, it's all a matter of OPINION), a harsh review is not out of line, and no one should be EXPECTED to be gentle towards someone's work when it's in a product, bought with hard earned money.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

The video (part 1 especially) was funny and informative.

WTF are these people whining about? Have they never felt cheated? Have they never regretted a purchase in their entire lives?

WTF?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It doesn't sound too malleable, sounds like a one-trick-pony.

Aloysius wrote:The video (part 1 especially) was funny and informative.

WTF are these people whining about? Have they never felt cheated? Have they never regretted a purchase in their entire lives?
I think some people don't like how the guy looks which is stupid and that affects their view
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

camsr wrote:sounds like a one-trick-pony.
Which in itself would not be a bad thing if that one-trick was an amazing sound.

You'd be much better off getting a Volca Beats & Bass combo sync'd together for just £50 more.

Mr Arkadin wrote:
camsr wrote:sounds like a one-trick-pony.
Which in itself would not be a bad thing if that one-trick was an amazing sound.
Yeah it's got it's sound which in itself is quite fizzled. The bass drums are nice.

As someone who has got one I would say he’s hit the nail on the head, I can’t blame him for getting upset. It’s bad. The ‘howl’ knob is useless; put it on full and it turns the sound into a hissing screeching mess. The drop outs are really frustrating, the bass is just plain weird sounding and it takes an hour to stop drifting out of tune. I’ve got other complainys which I raised with Akai support – you have 16 patterns, each with A and B. You can copy pattern 1 to Pattern 2, but you can’t copy Patter 1A to 1B? and the fill doesn’t work. Wolf? it’s a senile toothless Jack Russell.

do_androids_dream wrote:
I like the fact that it clearly has its own unique sound. I think that because it doesn't sound like all the other established synths it gets perceived as sounding crappy when in fact it just sounds different.
If you can make the hi hats sound good, please share :)

I'm buying one. Played with it, it rocks.

noisy bugger

Oh Faxi,

Some new stuff for you to review.

Akai has unveiled the "Timbre Wolf" polysynth and the "Tom Cat" drum machine!!!

No joke either, i'm sure your going to love them.

you liked it then

Cool vid Faxi! You should get together with angry joe and do some reviews!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgv2Q ... ixyulzOnUQ
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

finally one guy in the whole world got the angry joe homage :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”