Roland JV-1080 JV1080 Editor freeware by akatuystudio

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I'm akatuystudio.
I made an Editor on Mac and PC for Roland JV-1080.
JV-1080 might be very old for now.
but I think It is very powerful if many params in JV-1080 are real time controlled by MIDI controller.
You can control JV1080 like a virtual analogue synthesiser with this editor.
Please try this if you have a time. :wink:

http://akatuystudio.com
jv1080_v2_thumb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am sure you are working on Adaptions for newer extenders too?
My current FPGA audio project:
http://www.96khz.org/htm/audiovisualizerrt.htm

gonna be checking it out. exactly what is needed for the jv.
(have you considered doing this for the d-110/20? :) )

(but can you edit multiple partials simultaneously and copy
one to another, etc?)

mztk wrote:gonna be checking it out. exactly what is needed for the jv.
(have you considered doing this for the d-110/20? :) )

(but can you edit multiple partials simultaneously and copy
one to another, etc?)
Hello!
Thank you for your trying this! :wink:

I checked d-110 on YouTube you told me.
It is very good sounds I like it.
I like to looking for inexpensive synth and be revival.
First I'm trying to be revival JV1080 with my Editor.
After that if I get good condition D-110 I want to try D-110 Editor.

regards
akatuystudio :wink:

:wink: i dig.
lots of cheap D-110s around. it is a bit like the granddad of JV.
> and 1st time that architecture got used for sysex? multitimbral,
address offet, checksum.

------------------------------------------
ah, you didn't say it was MaxSP/...486mb...i think that's why
i don't check out MaxSP stuff, i've never got the runtime onboard..
downloading now. check this thing out.

akatuystudio wrote:You can control JV1080 like a virtual analogue synthesiser with this editor.
Looks very interesting, but does it come in VST format, so that users may utilize the editor directly in their DAW of choice?

agree: best if can be run as a VST - (then you can check out how sysex queues up
when you go mad with it. )
Last edited by mztk on Sun May 31, 2015 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

---edit
Last edited by mztk on Fri May 29, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post
Last edited by mztk on Sun May 31, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

tried to run maxmsp :(
as a VST plugin, would be ideal :wink:

Hi akatuystudio, I set up your JV1080 editor today and it's awesome, just what I've been looking for for years to reactivate my old sound module. Thanks very much! There's a problem, though.... When I'm in the editor and change the Patch EFX Type parameter, the patch number on the JV1080 gets reset to patch 001 in whatever bank it's in. So for example if I'm editing patch 019 "Blade Racer" in the User bank, and change the Patch EFX Type from the default setting Triple Tap Delay to, say, Quadruple Tap Delay, the JV responds by changing patch to 001 "Symphonique", and then changing that patch's EFX type to Quadruple Tap Delay. Do you know if there's any way of fixing this? Thanks! Ralph

Just curious if this would be flexible enough to work for other similar synths like the JV-880 or the JV-1010?
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

Very cool! My poor JV-1080 has been gathering dust in my rack for at least fifteen years. Time to fire it up again...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I wonder if this will work for my JV-1000 that has been lying around the studio for sometime?

ralphlondon wrote:Hi akatuystudio, I set up your JV1080 editor today and it's awesome, just what I've been looking for for years to reactivate my old sound module. Thanks very much! There's a problem, though.... When I'm in the editor and change the Patch EFX Type parameter, the patch number on the JV1080 gets reset to patch 001 in whatever bank it's in. So for example if I'm editing patch 019 "Blade Racer" in the User bank, and change the Patch EFX Type from the default setting Triple Tap Delay to, say, Quadruple Tap Delay, the JV responds by changing patch to 001 "Symphonique", and then changing that patch's EFX type to Quadruple Tap Delay. Do you know if there's any way of fixing this? Thanks! Ralph
idea for this for author: must be a bit in the 'offset' address(or value, rather), higher up,
so it's making it select patch 001 - or something lik that(?) - maybe can get around it by
looking at the binary string and figuring out which bit is switching it 0>1 or 1>0, then taking
decimal equivalent, figure out what correct value range - myeah, maybe value, soz:
eg: look at a 'status' message: on/off is 128>144(note on/off), not 0/1 or 0/128
so maybe look for something like that (eek sorry for piping up, i had a problem like
this doing an editor once)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”