New Yamaha instrument incoming ... all things indicate retro/re-issue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's absolutely nothing until there's a Jordan Rudess demo -

just noticed this over at yamahasynth.com under their 'reface' logo:

"Get ready to create your sound any place, any time"

makes me think some kind of mobile app, with an optional controller maybe ?
not too far off that Rudess pic..

...which would be shit.

Daags wrote:makes me think some kind of mobile app, with an optional controller maybe ?
not too far off that Rudess pics.
That would be a anticlimax for us vst-users. :dog:
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

EvilDragon wrote:Let's see if it'll continue to be YAWNmaha.
We shall know soon, but.. I know you are not a Yamaha fan :hihi:

It's not that I'm not a fan (I own an AN1x, as well as an FS1R), it's just that Motifs are boring as hell. :D

So... yamaha 'accidentally' published some videos earlier. Didn't see them, but some folks who did claim that the Reface thing is actually a set of four microkorg-esque keyboards, covering the following:
CS
DX
CP
YC

Analog, FM, physical modeling (but towards pianos) and physical modeling (but towards combo organs)
Apparently there's another workstation-esque product, called the Montage ? I'm still reading through various posts and threads on the topic, but so far that's what I've discovered about the Reface stuff.

If it's true, about the Reface mini keyboards, I just have to ask myself if they're better sounding emulations than the VST equivalents - the pros of using a dedicated hardware synth notwithstanding.

Mini digital rehashes of older synths (analogue and digital) watered down to try and cash in on current market.

Should be good....

it's all about the benjamins at this stage. cheap enough, and they'll likely be popular.

EvilDragon wrote:It's not that I'm not a fan (I own an AN1x, as well as an FS1R), it's just that Motifs are boring as hell. :D
I agree, they are boring as Yawnmaha can be. But, they sound very good :tu:

Daags wrote:So... yamaha 'accidentally' published some videos earlier. Didn't see them, but some folks who did claim that the Reface thing is actually a set of four microkorg-esque keyboards, covering the following:
CS
DX
CP
YC

Analog, FM, physical modeling (but towards pianos) and physical modeling (but towards combo organs)
Apparently there's another workstation-esque product, called the Montage ? I'm still reading through various posts and threads on the topic, but so far that's what I've discovered about the Reface stuff.

If it's true, about the Reface mini keyboards, I just have to ask myself if they're better sounding emulations than the VST equivalents - the pros of using a dedicated hardware synth notwithstanding.
You may be looking for the EX5
AWM
AN
VL
FDSP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYaj74agaIo
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

An FB01 is all that I need :)

Muziksculp wrote:I agree, they are boring as Yawnmaha can be. But, they sound very good :tu:
Nah. They sound very bland, lacking any sort of character. As if you've cellofaned that sound... Just doesn't get me off. :D

if its some neat little battery powered synth then that's quite nice and i'll have to check it out. if it's an app, then, yup, well, i got some of those....

Daags wrote:So... yamaha 'accidentally' published some videos earlier. Didn't see them, but some folks who did claim that the Reface thing is actually a set of four microkorg-esque keyboards, covering the following:
CS
DX
CP
YC

I am interested now. :tu:
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

An user on a Swedish forum posted that there was an ad for the reface stuff on back of a Swedish magazine (MM - Musikermagasinet). The reface series is supposedly digital little synths with 37 minikeys, etc. The CS synth is apparently an 8 voice VA.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”