Is Waldorf Blofeld discontinued?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

T-CM11 wrote:If a midi interface is correctly installed in an OS (somewhat "recent"), then all DAW software can use it.
It doesn't need a MIDI interface, it communicates MIDI through USB.

Aural Chaos wrote:
T-CM11 wrote:If a midi interface is correctly installed in an OS (somewhat "recent"), then all DAW software can use it.
The Midi interface is built-in.
"communicating MIDI through USB" is what USB midi interfaces do.

OK, let me try again.
There is nothing that needs to be "correctly installed", or installed at all in any way.
It's plug and play.

Aural Chaos wrote:OK, let me try again.
There is nothing that needs to be "correctly installed", or installed at all in any way.
It's plug and play.
And the magic fairy put that device in device manager? (in Windows e.g.)
"Installing" doesn't necessarily mean that it's a manual process. If you're not seeing it that doesn't mean that it isn't happening. No, USB is not the same as plugging in an audio cable.

Sorry to the OP if certain people's inane quibbling are derailing your thread.
Hopefully you have all the info you need to make a decision to buy it- Blofeld's a great synth!

Aural Chaos wrote:Sorry to the OP if certain people's inane quibbling are derailing your thread.
Hopefully you have all the info you need to make a decision to buy it- Blofeld's a great synth!
Apology for spreading ignorance accepted! :clap:

T-CM11 wrote:
Aural Chaos wrote:
The Midi interface is built-in.
"communicating MIDI through USB" is what USB midi interfaces do.
THe Blofeld desktop also does not include MIDI OUT (only IN) so with the dekstop for communication with an editor you need the USB anyway. The keyboard also has standard MIDI OUT, same with teh Pulse 2 and Streichfett modules.

The driver for USB should be automatically installed by your OS ("plug & play" like with e.g. USB flash drives, HDs etc.) and the Blofeld USB MIDI IN and OUT should appear as "Blofeld" in your DAW (e.g. in Live 9.2).
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Q- will this device work with my computer?
A- only if your computer is properly working

...pretty much defines inanity TCM....

Aural Chaos wrote:Q- will this device work with my computer?
A- only if your computer is properly working

...pretty much defines inanity TCM....
Your words, not mine.

T-CM11 wrote:
If a midi interface is correctly installed in an OS (somewhat "recent"), then all DAW software can use it.

EnGee wrote: I really thought to buy the keyboard version after few months to replace my Oxygen keyboard and also because I love Largo, so Blofeld seemed a great choice for me.
Does the Blofeld have enough knobs for you? Would be a bit useless for me as a midi controller with that amount of controls. But if you want the synthesizer part as well, of course that's another thing. :)

chk071 wrote:
EnGee wrote: I really thought to buy the keyboard version after few months to replace my Oxygen keyboard and also because I love Largo, so Blofeld seemed a great choice for me.
Does the Blofeld have enough knobs for you? Would be a bit useless for me as a midi controller with that amount of controls. But if you want the synthesizer part as well, of course that's another thing. :)
I even don't know if the few knobs can be used as assignable controllers! But I really don't care. Mod wheel is enough for me. If I need, I will buy Korg nano kontrol or plug out the pitch wheel connection inside the oxygen and use it as additional controller ;)
Btw, the dealer contacted me today and told me that the shipment has arrived! So, tomorrow morning I'll be there paying and then come back home with my bride :love:

deleted - sorry :oops:

i must say the blofeld is very bugy
just bought mine a week ago update it to latest version yet im getting wierd bugs from it
such as sounds going all wrong (have to reset the synth)
or knobs do nothing like some kind of buffer issue inside the synth ("dsp load")
other then this its a nice synth to work with
tho i didnot get how to use the multi mode

I've heard some rumor about Blofeld 2 cooking up. If not that, something the're definitely cooking :D

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”