Roli Seaboard RISE

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Roli Team wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:Wow. Remove the existing functionality instead of waiting till they get that right. Stupid. Lots of that going around in the tech industry lately.
We did it with the best of intentions, to get all the functionality that all our creators need into a single powerful app and not make people repurchase sound packs, we see now that this was a mistake that resulted in an interruption of service of the Seaboard view functionality. We’re sorry for the frustration that our mistake caused, and we want to correct it immediately.

We have brought the original NOISE functionality back in a newly renamed app called "Seaboard 5D" which is available on the App Store now for free. We will continue to add functionality to the new NOISE App.

Please see https://support.roli.com/Update-to-the-NOISE-app/ for more details.
Thank you for this acknowledgement. I saw it via email first a few minutes ago. It's appreciated. An open apology like this and an attempt to correct the situation has me more motivated to keep my eye on Roli.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I just installed the new (old) Seaboard app on my iPad and even though it is more 4D than 5D without the pressure it's still very expressive and aftertouch seems to be accomplished with the forward stroke anyway (like in Animoog). Given that is there any chance of adding a midi out as well as in so people can use it as a controller? I would gladly pay for an IAP that enabled this functionality.

btw can I get it to work 5D if I use it with my QuNexus?

aMUSEd wrote:I just installed the new (old) Seaboard app on my iPad and even though it is more 4D than 5D without the pressure it's still very expressive and aftertouch seems to be accomplished with the forward stroke anyway (like in Animoog). Given that is there any chance of adding a midi out as well as in so people can use it as a controller? I would gladly pay for an IAP that enabled this functionality.

You only have 2D on your iPad :)
You're missing the 3! Z axis dimensions.
But i wish there would be midi out too. I don't think that will happen. But there are some apps which do the same and offers an MPE setup like Aftertouch (costs just 1 dollar!).
But it is iPhone only and it would makes no sense without 3D touch.
I hope so that Apple will include it in the next iPad Pro (12.9"). Then it will replace my other devices. I would trade in my Macbook Pro, plug-ins and Seaboard Rise in a heartbeat then.

Aren't the 2 XY pad dimensions doing the same job though?

aMUSEd wrote:Aren't the 2 XY pad dimensions doing the same job though?
No, you have glide and slide but missing strike, press and lift.
But some apps works around this via using the other sensors of the mobile devices like accelerometer for velocity (it does work but not nearly as accurate as one would like) or gyroscope for modulations.

Roli Team wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:Wow. Remove the existing functionality instead of waiting till they get that right. Stupid. Lots of that going around in the tech industry lately.
We did it with the best of intentions, to get all the functionality that all our creators need into a single powerful app and not make people repurchase sound packs, we see now that this was a mistake that resulted in an interruption of service of the Seaboard view functionality. We’re sorry for the frustration that our mistake caused, and we want to correct it immediately.

We have brought the original NOISE functionality back in a newly renamed app called "Seaboard 5D" which is available on the App Store now for free. We will continue to add functionality to the new NOISE App.

Please see https://support.roli.com/Update-to-the-NOISE-app/ for more details.
:tu: Thank you Roli for doing this!
PS. Could you also investigate if it is possible to make Seabord 5D app iOS Audio Unit Extension compatible?

aMUSEd wrote:I just installed the new (old) Seaboard app on my iPad and even though it is more 4D than 5D without the pressure it's still very expressive and aftertouch seems to be accomplished with the forward stroke anyway (like in Animoog). Given that is there any chance of adding a midi out as well as in so people can use it as a controller? I would gladly pay for an IAP that enabled this functionality.

You probably would like to check Aftertouch for iOS then? Yes, it is grid layout instead of piano - but in limited screen space that makes sense I think.

You only have 2D on your iPad :)
But i wish there would be midi out too. I don't think that will happen. But there are some apps which do the same and offers an MPE setup like Aftertouch (costs just 1 dollar!).
I hope so that Apple will include it in the next iPad Pro (12.9"). Then it will replace my other devices. I would trade in my Macbook Pro, plug-ins and Seaboard Rise in a heartbeat then.[/quote]

Do you know what you'll go for with audio out with iPad Pro?

Thanks

Perceptualization wrote:You only have 2D on your iPad :)
I hope so that Apple will include it in the next iPad Pro (12.9"). Then it will replace my other devices. I would trade in my Macbook Pro, plug-ins and Seaboard Rise in a heartbeat then.

Do you know what you'll go for with audio out with iPad Pro?

Thanks[/quote]

At the moment i record the iPhone/iPad output direct via the lightning to usb into Logic on my Macbook....so best is of course to combine that.
There is no iOS DAW yet (and a lot other things) to replace Logic for me.
Lately released plug-ins shows that iOS has still a long way to go but in a few years it might be on par.
However, iOS devices are fantastic for midi controlling and as very versatile sound source.

The iPad can indeed support "pressure" emulation if the developer reads the touch surface area as pressure. The touch panel tracks the amount of touch surface area, but most apps don't use this data. The only one I know of that does use it is FingerFiddle, which uses it for bowing pressure (and it works well).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:The iPad can indeed support "pressure" emulation if the developer reads the touch surface area as pressure. The touch panel tracks the amount of touch surface area, but most apps don't use this data. The only one I know of that does use it is FingerFiddle, which uses it for bowing pressure (and it works well).
Mitosynth does too!

So, where are people with this now? Have they updated the issues? Is it the shizzle? Does it suck?

incubus wrote:So, where are people with this now? Have they updated the issues? Is it the shizzle? Does it suck?
it shizzles. lastingly good.

So no problem with connections anymore? I'm win10

incubus wrote:So no problem with connections anymore? I'm win10
what were the issues? I don't remember.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”