Need an audio interface for my laptop for something very specific,what can u guys rec

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for the highest quality sound thats ultra portable and hopefully under 200 dollars. I dont need low latency or anything like that, all i need it for is to play music out of itunes on my laptop into a connector that goes into the big in wall monitors at studios. My on board soundcard on my laptop is terrible. I want something that at a minimum is better quality audio then what comes with mac laptops. I have a pc laptop. windows 7. Want it to be USB. Any and all suggestions please shoot them my way. Thanks!

If you are not looking for something to record as well, you can also look at anything external DAC using usb which can be found in hifi shops. These have no demand on low latency or to support ASIO etc - just improved listening.

I bought a range of such DACs on eBay from HongKong and similar - some targeting headphones and some have line outs. These you can find below $100 or so. Good enough to improve built in stuff on computer - but not quite top notch in my taste.

A quick google "external dac reviews" gave
http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-dacs-2015
http://www.macworld.com/article/2089224 ... audio.html

and more....

Presonus iOne is portable enough I think. I have iTwo connected to the usb hub with 2 keybords and a mouse so I can easily switch between my desktop and laptop.
Audio out is to 2 active monitors (actually one active and one passive) with two 1/4 TRS unbalanced cables.

I like the quality and the price :)

Native Instruments Audio 2
dedication to flying

I use a Behringer UCA 222 - Simple stereo in and out (with RCA jacks). About $40 . Same as you, I got fed up with the quality of the onboard laptop module; I now actually have this and a UNO MIDI interface on a USB hub (along with mouse) so one USB connector to the laptop gives me "everything". Total price for all 3 was about $90, and much more convenient.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

ddeez wrote:I'm looking for the highest quality sound thats ultra portable and hopefully under 200 dollars. I dont need low latency or anything like that, all i need it for is to play music out of itunes on my laptop
I hope you do realise that the weakest link here might be that iTunes plays compressed (MP3) audio? ;-)

You might consider just getting an iPod. Good enough me thinks...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

ddeez wrote:I'm looking for the highest quality sound thats ultra portable and hopefully under 200 dollars. I dont need low latency or anything like that, all i need it for is to play music out of itunes on my laptop into a connector that goes into the big in wall monitors at studios. My on board soundcard on my laptop is terrible. I want something that at a minimum is better quality audio then what comes with mac laptops. I have a pc laptop. windows 7. Want it to be USB. Any and all suggestions please shoot them my way. Thanks!
These days nearly everything is pretty decent. Look at the Presonus models.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

BertKoor wrote:
You might consider just getting an iPod. Good enough me thinks...
+1

The NI traktor audio 2 is extremely portable ... 2 in 4 out. Costs £79

The Audio 6 is a lttle larger and costs more, but still very portable.

EnGee wrote:Presonus iOne is portable enough I think. I have iTwo connected to the usb hub with 2 keybords and a mouse so I can easily switch between my desktop and laptop.
Audio out is to 2 active monitors (actually one active and one passive) with two 1/4 TRS unbalanced cables.

I like the quality and the price :)
I second that. I've been through A LOT of interfaces, and I'm really enjoying the iTwo.

to not open another thread. i am also looking for a audi interface but i need low latency, price is the same - 200€ - not more.

i need midi in
some line ins --- only one mic input would be enough -
windows 7 compatibility

steinberg 242 maybe?

I bought Focusrite for less than 200€, they have very good drivers, fast support and is compatible with Win7. ASIO works like a charm not giving any CPU spikes.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”