kmonkey wrote: TheoM wrote: zerocrossing wrote:
suthnear wrote:Oh, you have no PCI bus (pays to read the thread properly). Scratch that idea, then. And reading kmonkey's post, I now also remember having had sample rate issues
And the minimax played polyphonically _definitely_ didn't sound like a memorymoog...
Looks like kmonkey's a known troll (found the threads on GS where the mod ended up deleting all his posts) and in all my research I did not find a single post mentioning instability in the Modular software. Maybe you're thinking about "Faxi Nadu's Modular Crash Course?"
man not cool. Now this comes from someone who has had real personal problems over the years with kmonkey, and i can ASSURE you, he is not a troll. He owns a lot of gear and is very passionate about all this stuff and I know he is really into hardware and also dedicated dsp stuff like powercore/scope etc.
Just because a moderator banned him or deleted his posts, whatever, doesn't make him a toll overall.
I know for a fact both main mods hate my guts here and backstab me in threads that have no relevance to me (and threads i haven't even had any posts in LOL), so what, that automatically makes me a troll too? Cause the mods never agree with my point of view?
Anyway i can't find a single thing in kmonkey's posts in this topic that come across as "troll like". It just seems like useful information to me about his personal experience with scope, and is actually on topic to your opening post.
I don't care for that time at GS mod deleted my post (i asked him) because one single user reported me as being rude. Well i was being rude because i said that by my opinion platform is dead since there is no real release and that they only keep announcement after announcement and after announcement.
I had enough of it and called it vapourware.
Then fanboi reported me.
Was i right?
Specifically i told in public that i am under impression that company is milking their users, asking me money for a win 8 driver (which i ordered later btw) for a system which behave worse then my older system (i mean projects literally load 2 to 3 times slower on newer hardware) and that me thinks Scope 6 (and fixes for my issues) will never be released - at least not in the rational time.
Add to that all of my xite problems (before that i had maxed out 3xPCI card system with all plugs they ever released). Yes i spend 4000 EUR on a new system which behaved worse then previous system. Can you imagine spending 4000 EUR on a supposedly highly advanced system which never worked properly at 96khz? And all i got is fire when asked about it and people at forum told me that i should just use 44khz and shut up?
Add to that list of other issues.Some plugs didn't even load. Some did but you had to be careful. And stupid XITE load balancing (before you load device you need to manually yes manually reassign it to some free highly advanced DSP). Something which was automatic in older system with PCI cards.
All i just told you you can freely check and confirm as same problem listed by other users. Too bad there is no xite dedicated forum anymore because there was even more problems reported. I guess even that person leading that forum lost enthusiasm.
Man that wise like literally more then 3 or 4 year ago
Can you believe that!!! Initially when i started to doubt Scope 6 release every single user attacked me and told me - it's being released next month. Look at their websitehttp://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 88&lang=us
It's end of 2015 - still no Scope 6
Now it will be 4 years since they told me that
4 years. viewtopic.php?t=339021
- someone at KVR announced as Scope 6 being released in 2012. Just so you can not say i am bragging about this.
So. Thanks zerocrossing for spreading that i am troll - before checking facts
May i just point something for you - 4 years of false promises...4 years no a single fix and all the same issues. Still see that same version of software i was using...
Yet still i am recommending this setup to anyone who want to adapt to it's issues. Oh i am hater and troll. Sure.
Kmonkey you're full of it. You constantly troll SCOPE threads and was busted doing this at Gearslutz that's why the moderator deleted your posts. After the deletion you PM'd me and stated you'd stay out of SCOPE threads but obviously that was a lie and for you to even be in this thread despite your promise only proves more that you are trolling.
1. Now you claim you owned a XITE-1 when before you claimed you didn't buy one due to cost and financial problems. Even at the beginning of this thread you stated something that contradicts your new claim to owning XITE-1 wich i'll speak on further below. I don't believe you ever owned one just bought used pci cards from someone else. Never bought new hardware from SonicCore but come on forums with constant complaints. No real financial support for the company so they can develop the platform like you want only constant hatefull complaints cause you have a negative agenda against expensive dsp platforms. Here's the GS thread link where you were trolling and you stated you didn't buy a XITE-1 at post number 63 under the name mpod - https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... sed-3.html
You jumped into that thread to help someone else who was obviously trolling. In that thread you stated and I quote - " If you are really interested why i left scope it was because i sold my old cards in order to buy bigger xite but back then i had financial crisis and couldn't afford it. in the meantime i recovered from that and some time passed. Within this time a lot of Native developers started to produce some damn fantastic tools " END QUOTE.
To further make my case, at the beginning of this thread you stated in your first post when speaking about when you last owned SCOPE I quote " At that time (it was really more then five years ago)" END QUOTE. Now if you left the SCOPE platform more than 5 years ago how could you have had a XITE-1 when in the above Gearslutz link the date is from April of 2012 and you stated there you did not buy a XITE-1 at that GS thread? Just 3 and a half years ago you stated you did not buy a XITE-1 due to financial crisis and inaffordability but in this thread you stated you owned a XITE-1 more than 5 years ago. Your posts never add up right.
Also you stated financial crisis and that you could not afforf XITE-1 as your reason for leaving the SCOPE platform in that 2012 Gearslutz thread but in this thread you state you abandoned SCOPE mainly because lack of development and weird issues, wich is another contradiction.
It wouldn't even make since for you to ever have owned a XITE-1 after your supposed bad experiences with older pci cards any how since you've always heavily/relentlessly complained and attacked SCOPE. intelligent people don't buy more of gear that keeps them miserable. If SCOPE is the source of all your problems in life (obviously you feel this way or you wouldn't constantly be on the attack) why buy into it again and hang in all its threads complaining? If a company and its product dissatisfies decent people they don't follow the company and its users everywhere trolling them cause good people don't operate like that. I don't believe you ever owned a XITE-1 and you have confirmed this in the past.
2. You stated above you should not have had to pay for Windows 8 drivers but just as before you keep forgetting that SonicCore gave away those drivers for free. You bought v4.5 and SonicCore gave everyone who bought 4.5 a free upgrade to version 5.0 32bit. The only one they charged for was version 5.1 wich was 64bit compatibility. Most people are gratefull when a company gives something away for free but you still try to trash them.
3. I caught you in another lie with regards to Windows drivers/updates for your old pci cards in the above Gearslutz link and when you realized what I was saying and that you were caught saying something that didn't make sense you then backed off. You stated a flat out lie on SonicCore in that past thread cause in several of your post you kept relentlessly stating SonicCore ripped you off and this falsehood was the heart of your argument and I proved it did not add up and was false and instead of apologizing you jump in future threads with similar complaints. Other readers have to read your posts very carefully as well as my responses to fully understand what was going on but you stated SonicCore promised you a fix to the sampler bug then sold you three upgrade to SCOPE for your older pci cards that they claim had the fix but that did not have it thus they ripped you off and this was a lie and I proved it. Your first purchase was version 4.5, guess what? Sonic Core didn't develop 4.5 Creamware did!! 4.5 was not a upgrade from SonicCore and thus they didn't lie to you and state a fix would be in that version and then dishonestly take your money since that version was around BEFORE SonicCore. S|C had just taken over and was only selling the product line Creamware was selling for years. Then you stated they sold you version 5.0 claiming a sampler fix was in it, well guess what? IF YOU BOUGHT VERSION 4.5 THEN VERSON 5 WAS FREE!!! SonicCore did not sell you v5 as a sampler fix version cause they did not sell it to you at all, it was free!!! I would think people would be appreciative when a small struggling company gives something away like that for free. Then you also said SonicCore sold you version 5.1 and said a fix was in it, but guess what? It was common knowledge that 5.1 was solely a x64 bit Windows compatibility upgrade nothing else and S|C stated this clearly and everyone knew, I even went back to PlanetZ and did a search for the 5.1 upgrade thread and you know what? I saw you was in that thread under the name 'maky325' (different forum names but same negative behavior, plus it use to be mpod at PlanetZ as well before you changed it to Maky325) and that thread showed you knew BEFORE you bought 5.1 that it was soley a x64bit compatibility upgrade not afterwards like you claimed at Gearslutz. Sonic Core did not jip you out any money as you had implied. Truthfully Sonic Core hasn't even released their own platform yet just updates to the old Creamware one, SCOPE 6 is meant to be their own.They are not going to waste time re-coding a sampler that is not a main-attraction of this Platform when man-hours are precious and there are far more important things (SCOPE 6, Open-SCOPE, etc). You kept pushing that complaint and none of the 3 upgrade purchases you stated made any sense, I suspect you went back and edited one of your posts but its irrelevant cause enough is still there.
4. You do not have to do manual assignments with XITE-1 everytime you load a device this is a exaggeration or lie on your part.
5. You state that XITE-1 is dead and nothing else is being released for it but dNa released new plugins not that long ago wich is a company Holger convinced to release for SCOPE and I believe worked with. SonicCore is responsible for dNa. SCOPE is slow developing but that is the nature of dsp platforms (have you seen Metric Halo, Soundscape, Kyma, etc development cycles?). Even UAD wich is considered fast developing is still only playing catch-up to SCOPE. UAD only expanded their platform in recent years to do REALtime-dsp-plugin-interface (Apollo), M/S processing, REALtime Mixing and opened up to third-party developers while SCOPE has done these things and more from about 10 years ago for M/S and almost two decades ago for the rest. SCOPE has more plugins than UAD and a wider range since uad has no synths, samplers, vocoders, talk box's, dedicate gate, dynamic eq, etc, etc, etc, etc , etc.
As far as SCOPE 6 and new features and functionality: SCOPE already does more than any other interface on the market. SCOPE already does more than any other hardware sound-module on the market. If SCOPE does more than everything else on the market shouldn't you complain instead about everything else needing new features/functionality since SCOPE is the leader with accomplishments? Since SCOPE is the leader than SonicCore went beyond the average and are at the forefront wich means their job is done, the complaints are suppose to fall on everyone else. How can SCOPE truly be slower than other platforms on the market development-wise when those others are playing catch-up to SCOPE? Did you ever think that maybe the reason UAD Platform and other hardware platforms are slowly catching up to SCOPE and do far less is because it ain't easy to do what SCOPE is doing? 4 years after Apollo's inception and it only just now got MIDI routing to trigger their Eventide harmonizer effect with MIDI notes but even to this day no MIDI mapping of Mixer controls or other Apollo devices for automation so MIDI control is still extremely rudimentary compared to SCOPE. Frank Hund stated SCOPE had more than 100 years of man-hours invested in it years ago, it's a lot more man-hours now!! SCOPE 6 is slow to release because fast development takes money and SonicCore is a small company without a lot of money, but still SCOPE does more than other comparable products. SCOPE is a very sophisticated platform with many components to develop such as SDK for users, plugins of all types, drivers, Modular (see how slow developing the Native Modulars are such as Tassman), sophisticated routing architecture, improved dsp load balancing, new hardware additions, etc. Some of these things are very complex and require a lot of man hours. It's sorta irrelevant anyways cause apart from a few bug fixes SCOPE is a finished product, there isn't any need for any thing new added just wants. Other hardware such as Kyma, Eventide H8000, Kurzweil PCR3K, etc don't get constant new upprades and users buy those products for what they are at that moment without crying about new additions not being constantly added like Native platform. SCOPE is no different than those hardware units and should not be bogusly held to a different standard. SCOPE has been a finished and complete product for a long time just like many other hardware units bought out here, whatever else is added in the future is just bonus. SCOPE like any other hardware unit you simply put buy it for what it is not to constantly get new updates. Many hardware units get no updates at all and people buy them cause they like them, that's it.
to state SonicCore is milking the platform is defamation of character and a true smear campaign when you have no evidence of this. You were stating similar things in the past even tho they had just released SDK 6 to prove otherwise.
I've explained all this before and gave valid reasons to counter many of your complaints but you obviously aren't interested in reasoning, just dsp bashing. The fact that your in this thread argueing and in many others states your intent especially since you stated you would stay away from SCOPE threads in a PM to me after I busted you out to the moderators on Gearslutz.
Last edited by sounddesigner on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 12 times in total.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.