i've run out of inputs, i was thinking of adding a mixer? -edit, mgp32x chosen

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

congrats on the mixer- sorry to hear about the crosstalk, but seems you got it sorted. I also agree that the UAD stuff seems to be similar to boat ownership. I feel like there is subtle psychological warfare being played on me- taking my perfectly good LA-2a emulation and labeling it "Legacy" like its not the definitive LA-2A now that they want to sell more licenses to the "new and improved" version. :-/

I am standing my ground though :hihi:

Stupid American Pig wrote:congrats on the mixer- sorry to hear about the crosstalk, but seems you got it sorted. I also agree that the UAD stuff seems to be similar to boat ownership. I feel like there is subtle psychological warfare being played on me- taking my perfectly good LA-2a emulation and labeling it "Legacy" like its not the definitive LA-2A now that they want to sell more licenses to the "new and improved" version. :-/

I am standing my ground though :hihi:

I'm actually doing mixes recording each sound with crosstalk and each without to see which i prefer.. i know my post was TLDR but i actually like the subtle glue the crosstalk is adding!

Obviously this means i am not using any console plugins except for the synths plugged straight into the apollo's ins, which i always record dry (well so far i have anyway). And then sometimes i use VCC on those.. but for any channels that have come through the yamaha, no.. even though it's not a top end console by any means, stacking these sort of effects is not my cup of tea, and i'd only do it when working entirely digitally.

Later I'm going to experiment tracking and *printing* with the oxide tape plugin and see how I go, for the synths plugged directly into the apollo.. It will be interesting as i haven't done this yet. If it gives me a result that i simply can not get out of using tape plugins in the daw, if it actually gives me the sound we used to have when we recorded all our digital synths onto analog tape, then i will keep the apollo for that as that will be well worth the financial loss in that case.. not having to keep a tape machine calibrated/maintained and never having to buy actual tape! AFAIK this can only be done with studer or oxide as the ampex adds to much latency to be used in console.

Anyway i guess it will be easier to keep everything set up the way it already is, but money is money :hihi:

Cassette tape is a cool option matey.
I have this one->
It's somehow nearly not possible to have DC offset on tape
There is no muss no fuss or cost

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”