TT606 is on the way.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do we think?

I think it's a monstrosity so it better be damn cheap and sound damn good.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:I think it's a monstrosity so it better be damn cheap and sound damn good.

:hihi: took the words right out of my mouth!

where did you get this picture? any more infos??? thanks.... (and yes, ugly without the fugly...)
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Daags wrote::hihi: took the words right out of my mouth!
Call me shallow but that ain't going anywhere near my studio.
Besides the matched TR/TB pair is a thing of beauty.

Why they didn't go down the same path is beyond me.
Surely the tooling costs of this complete new design is more than a slight change to the TT case :shrug:

Chopper wrote:where did you get this picture? any more infos??? thanks.... (and yes, ugly without the fugly...)
It was linked on GS.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Image

What do we think?

I think it's a monstrosity so it better be damn cheap and sound damn good.
The TR606 didnt sound good, so its unlikely this will.

I have a firewall filter here at work(image is hosted on facebook)- so does this thing not match its bass bot brother???

Stupid American Pig wrote:I have a firewall filter here at work(image is hosted on facebook)- so does this thing not match its bass bot brother???
Not in the slightest.

Picture the lovechild of an iPhone case and a Korg NanoThing.

Why
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Well, it looks very much like the original Drumatix from Roland except a little longer and a little shorter and this one has rounded corners. Even the style of buttons and knobs is the same if I remember correctly.

AnX wrote: The TR606 didnt sound good, so its unlikely this will.
:o

Well of course TR808 is in its own league but 606 can sound very good, I like especially the kick drum and the hats .. Very liquid sound
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

I financed my entry into music making by swapping a 486 pc (worth about 40-50 bucks) for a TR-606 and TB-303 at a pawn shop in College Station, Texas.(think college town but mostly hicks at the time). I dont know how those 2 items got into a pawn shop there, or how they were willing to let it go for a shitty pc. I turned around and sold them to a dealer in Wisconsin for 750 cash, a copy of rebirth and a roland MC-303. I probably could have done better than that, but I bought into the hype that the MC-303 was going to replace the 606 and 303 and give me an 808 and 909 too.(Ive since learned better, but I still came out way ahead)

Anyway, while I had the 606 I really liked the hihats and cymbal. The kick was just begging for a mod, and the snare sounded like an 808 snare with a blanket over it. liquid is a great way to describe the cymbal and hi hats. can be hypnotic even. I have long since sold my MC-303 and wouldnt buy another even if it were 50 bucks. however, if I find another 606 I would pay 100 for one...

penguinfromdeep wrote:
AnX wrote: The TR606 didnt sound good, so its unlikely this will.
:o

Well of course TR808 is in its own league but 606 can sound very good, I like especially the kick drum and the hats .. Very liquid sound
Agreed, of all the XOX boxes, the 606 has by FAR the best hats, IME, and the way the open and closed interact with each other and the Accent control is just sublime.

606 was terrible unmodded, outside of the 808 and 909 most of them where, and even the 808 and 909 we near enough overdrove into the desk everytime.
The amount of people that have 808/909/303s on a shelf to look good is beyond belief haha
Duh

i always loved the 606 hats and cymbal. it has a distinct sound.. that puffy air of a kick.. i love the snare though.. not the crack of the 808 of course but it has its place.

modded it can be great of course. but the hats and cymbal rule.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”