Effects processor

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I'm newbie in the sound hardware. I need your advices about the effects processor.
I need that for live sound, in my room. So with Mic in input, and the ceiling speakers about 6.5" as output.
What do I need from different hardware for that?
*the effects processor should contain the reverb and echo at least.
Of course I need something simple and not expensive or complex :)

+ " I have looked before for TC Electronic m.one XL and m350, also for lexicon models. But I am in confusion about how to use it for live sound"

Thanks in advance

Can you describe your signal flow more? It sounds like you are recording sound from ceiling speakers using a microphone?

What is the sound source (what's driving the speakers)? What are the microphones connected to? A mixer? Audio interface? A computer?

More details, please. :phones:

Inbetween a mic and speakers there's always two components:

1. A mic preamp which amplifies the faint electric signal of the mike to Line level (simular to as what hifi components, CD players etc output)
2. A power amp which amplifies the regular Line audio signal to what a speaker can use

Sometimes the power amp is included in the speaker (powered speakers)
Sometimes the mic preamp is included in the power amp with speaker 'n all: Karaoke box.

If you have multiple mikes or other sound sources, you'd benefit from a mixer. Most mixers (except "line" mixers) include mic preamps on all channels.
menber wrote:effects processor [...] with Mic in input
Most effect processors don't have any mic input. They work at line level. The idea is that you use a mixer: send from multiple channels an "aux send" to the effect, and output of the effect is returned in the mixer again to be mixed with everything else.
Sure you can just insert the effect processor inbetween the mic preamp and the power amp. But that's not very flexible.

Lots of mixers (even the small affordable ones) contain a builtin effect processor btw. With echo and reverb. Karaoke boxes as well...

Question is also: what is your budget?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

RichieWitch wrote:Can you describe your signal flow more? It sounds like you are recording sound from ceiling speakers using a microphone?

What is the sound source (what's driving the speakers)? What are the microphones connected to? A mixer? Audio interface? A computer?

More details, please. :phones:
Thanks for reply

I mean the Human voice as source/live -usually without need for recording-
and I would like to use something directly or by something else simple, I don't want to use the computer.

BertKoor wrote:Inbetween a mic and speakers there's always two components:

1. A mic preamp which amplifies the faint electric signal of the mike to Line level (simular to as what hifi components, CD players etc output)
2. A power amp which amplifies the regular Line audio signal to what a speaker can use

Sometimes the power amp is included in the speaker (powered speakers)
Sometimes the mic preamp is included in the power amp with speaker 'n all: Karaoke box.

If you have multiple mikes or other sound sources, you'd benefit from a mixer. Most mixers (except "line" mixers) include mic preamps on all channels.
menber wrote:effects processor [...] with Mic in input
Most effect processors don't have any mic input. They work at line level. The idea is that you use a mixer: send from multiple channels an "aux send" to the effect, and output of the effect is returned in the mixer again to be mixed with everything else.
Sure you can just insert the effect processor inbetween the mic preamp and the power amp. But that's not very flexible.

Lots of mixers (even the small affordable ones) contain a builtin effect processor btw. With echo and reverb. Karaoke boxes as well...

Question is also: what is your budget?
Thanks a lot for reply

The source is the Human voice as live with usually one mile or two as maximum.
I don't prefer the karaoke box.
As I said I will use at least two ceiling speaker with one mike

My budget will not exceed $265.

If I will use for example TC Electronic m350, what the other components should I use beside the mike and the ceiling speakers?

Also if there is mixer contain that options
Please share the model

I have to ask again: what is currently inbetween the ceiling speakers and the mike? There should be an amplifier of some sort, a box connected to the mains power where all other wires go in and out.

Tbh, to me it's not clear what exactly "ceiling speakers" are. I imagine it's speakers conceiled in the ceiling like you find in shops, schools, etc.

Mixers with effects are very common. For example: Behringer Xenyx 1202FX
I have to say that usually these effects are rather simple, not that much you can control. But it can get the job done if all you want is only add a reverb or delay (usually not both at the same time)

BertKoor wrote:I have to ask again: what is currently inbetween the ceiling speakers and the mike? There should be an amplifier of some sort, a box connected to the mains power where all other wires go in and out.

Tbh, to me it's not clear what exactly "ceiling speakers" are. I imagine it's speakers conceiled in the ceiling like you find in shops, schools, etc.

Mixers with effects are very common. For example: Behringer Xenyx 1202FX
I have to say that usually these effects are rather simple, not that much you can control. But it can get the job done if all you want is only add a reverb or delay (usually not both at the same time)
Ops sorry I ignore that.
At the current time, nothing in between. Only that wires come from the speakers, inside the wall.
Currently I have only the mike and that speakers.

Yeah that's why I choose the effects processor, which contains more flexible options -reverb & delay-

To short the discussion, I would to know what are the different kinds of hardware I should use with the effects processor. "simple hardware".

Thanks.

Again: you need a power amp at least. That's where your priority should be. Without a power amp you won't hear anything at all.

This thread is starting to get funny.... :D

So we know there is a ceiling speaker. We don't know what is providing sound to that speaker.

And we know there is a microphone. We don't know:
1. What the microphone is connected to
2. How the signal is being recorded
3. What equipment is already there that could possibly have an FX unit connected to it.

Repeated calls for more information have not produced anything more than what I've listed above.

So in the interest of full coverage, I'm just going to throw the full potential signal flow out there.

For the speaker:
* some kind of amplifier to drive the speaker
* some sort of sound source connected to the amplifier

For the microphone:
* some kind of mixer or audio interface
* either a computer or a recording device (digital recorder, tape deck, etc)

When all that is in place, a reverb/FX unit could potentially be connected to the mixer, the audio interface, the computer, or the recording device, depending on what connections each of those devices provides.

What do you say, gang? Does that pretty well cover it?

Perhaps if the OP explained why he wants to put an effected vocal through some ceiling speakers? Also ... exactly which microphone he/she is wanting to use for the task.

Mic into Mic Pre into TC M One into Amp into ceiling speakers for instant live sound efx

BertKoor wrote:Again: you need a power amp at least. That's where your priority should be. Without a power amp you won't hear anything at all.
Thank you Mr.

RichieWitch wrote:This thread is starting to get funny.... :D

So we know there is a ceiling speaker. We don't know what is providing sound to that speaker.

And we know there is a microphone. We don't know:
1. What the microphone is connected to
2. How the signal is being recorded
3. What equipment is already there that could possibly have an FX unit connected to it.

Repeated calls for more information have not produced anything more than what I've listed above.

So in the interest of full coverage, I'm just going to throw the full potential signal flow out there.

For the speaker:
* some kind of amplifier to drive the speaker
* some sort of sound source connected to the amplifier

For the microphone:
* some kind of mixer or audio interface
* either a computer or a recording device (digital recorder, tape deck, etc)

When all that is in place, a reverb/FX unit could potentially be connected to the mixer, the audio interface, the computer, or the recording device, depending on what connections each of those devices provides.

What do you say, gang? Does that pretty well cover it?
Ok.

I repeated the answer many times also.
There will not be any recording taker
The MIC will be lavalier microphone or shot-gun or something else.
Nothing more than that, no equipment there - for now- more than the speakers.

This system will be for something like interview or meeting in that room.

Thank you for reply

thecontrolcentre wrote:Perhaps if the OP explained why he wants to put an effected vocal through some ceiling speakers? Also ... exactly which microphone he/she is wanting to use for the task.
Sorry but that is not listed in my questions.

This system will be for something like interview or meeting in that room.
I answered for the remaining questions before

Thanks for reply

Stupid American Pig wrote:Mic into Mic Pre into TC M One into Amp into ceiling speakers for instant live sound efx
Thanks a lot for your simple answer.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”