How do you store your old DAT tapes ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stupid American Pig wrote:I think that its also good advice to revisit your CDR/DVD-Rs every now and then and either burn a back up copy or put them on some other storage media. A lot of mine from the late 90s/early 2000s are now in pretty bad shape. They are either scratched, or delaminating from the plastic disc. It was also cool to re-visit some music I hadn't thought about for 10-15 years. I had a lot of ideas back then, and a lot of time too...
I kept an old (2001 maybe) CD drive from a PC. Its the only drive that would read a lot of my old back up CD's. Bit odd, but saved me losing a lot of stuff.

Never used DAT. Moved (eventually) from various 1" or 2" R2R straight to PC HDD.

Everything now is continuously backed up to other HDD's/DVD's/Clouds

Realistically theres not much i would run into a burning house to save, but its nice to have should you ever need it.

For sentimental reasons bought this today :D

:hihi:

Looks more like the pile of TV dinners you have eaten in your lifetime :P :lol:

I've just realised that one of my DAT tapes has been left out of the box for months now....a lovely coating of dust will surely add a darker tone now. :scared:
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Numanoid wrote:Looks more like the pile of TV dinners you have eaten in your lifetime :P :lol:
:scared:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”