MASCHINE JAM

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

incubus wrote:"Hey guys, mom helped me to get one of these, it's awesome! So, when is version 2 coming out with velocity and aftertouch???"
Before version 3, with screens :ud:

At $400 it's tempting to current Maschine owners, who are probably a large part of their target market, and people who haven't jumped in to similar kinds of controllers yet.

If it had velocity and screens and cost $1000, most Maschine owners would say "sorry but no" and most Ableton users would be like "but I already have a Push" and the whole thing would fall flat.

OTOH, if they sell five zillion of these things and people find them useful, they'll be well set up to release an Uberjam with velocity later, and the diehards who upgraded from MK1 to MK2 to Studio will buy their fifth piece of Maschine hardware. :hihi:

At any rate, as they said on their forums, they spent 18 months prototyping this and didn't just make design decisions at random.

No velocity for most pads... that would be very dumb of NI.

A (NI-)touchfader should be horizontaly so you can use it with a finger(-tip).. and still they will suck.

(Fast forward/backward motion doesn't work because the strips do not funktion when the finger-nail touches it...)

...unbelievable.

NI should have implemented more pads like at least 5x5 from the get-go ..years ago... (MPC-layout...wow.. omg. = :dog: )
- WonderEcho -

It sure is a good thing random people on the internet are around to look at photos and tell us how something they've never tried can't possibly work. Otherwise we might be tempted to believe that engineers who've been testing it for a year and a half might be right.

foosnark wrote:It sure is a good thing random people on the internet are around to look at photos and tell us how something they've never tried can't possibly work. Otherwise we might be tempted to believe that engineers who've been testing it for a year and a half might be right.
Seriously? Come on man.

Another Half assed box with lights from NI that will have many parting with cash. Glass half full again, seriously why do you really need all these devices to do the same thing.
I used to love NI, but can't they just make a KK maschine studio keyboard.

It's like a - modular add when they release new shit, hardware control system for software, and pay us loads of money type thing.

Maschine is good, but who's got the time for it to turn into ableton.

Who really needs all this shit. If I hadn't already sold just about every NI thing I owned I would sell it all and buy an octotrack or some other elektron stuff.
why do multiple maschine owners need all these duplicate maschine and komplete select licences also, can't they just sell the hardware on its own like ableton

foosnark wrote:It sure is a good thing random people on the internet are around to look at photos and tell us how something they've never tried can't possibly work. Otherwise we might be tempted to believe that engineers who've been testing it for a year and a half might be right.
You are kidding right, all these random people have their own business that is ridiculously successful too, of course they know better than these companies who spend millions on market research and R&D, don't be so silly haha
Duh

Hi all, any reason why it won't work in plugin mode? Did I missed anything? Thanks

tonylife wrote:Hi all, any reason why it won't work in plugin mode? Did I missed anything? Thanks
All sorted and great addition to the Maschine family.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”