Arturia Drumbrute ..... ?? (analog drum machine for 449 euro)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Daags wrote:
ericj23 wrote:I went from totally excited to not interested once I read the manual. No control over any sound generating parameters through midi.
Analog purism aside, what do you expect for 449 euro ? Something's got to give, and I definitely think they made the right choice. I hope it's a roaring success, and if so I suspect they will come up with a 'MaxiDrum' at some point that will have more in common with the more sophisticated drum machines like the Tempest and Elektron's etc (i.e. parameter sequencing, preset storage, etc) to satisfy those who want 21st century comforts in their drum machines.
:party: :cry:
a mixture of happyness and sadness...may i stick with my D16 stuff? Or just connect all the outs to my daw and do countless takes of tweaking...i would like to be 10-handed :-D or go multitrack :-D
anyway great sound. thinkin' about it

Daags wrote:
ericj23 wrote:I went from totally excited to not interested once I read the manual. No control over any sound generating parameters through midi.
Analog purism aside, what do you expect for 449 euro ? Something's got to give, and I definitely think they made the right choice. I hope it's a roaring success, and if so I suspect they will come up with a 'MaxiDrum' at some point that will have more in common with the more sophisticated drum machines like the Tempest and Elektron's etc (i.e. parameter sequencing, preset storage, etc) to satisfy those who want 21st century comforts in their drum machines.
I agree that it would be too much, but the Roland things do have full midi. And of course i know that isn't a fair comparison but I sort of hoped Arturia had managed to make it anyway.

I think it will be roaring success as the basic sound seems pretty good, but for me I am more interested in saving my sheckels for MaxiDrum/Elektron and avoiding compromise. Well until they start appearing second hand!
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

ericj23 wrote:
lalo wrote::love: midi control of parameters? 14 bit? 8) :D

I went from totally excited to not interested once I read the manual. No control over any sound generating parameters through midi.
Tweakers dream. No interest in midi control. This is a hands on unit.

Cash is waiting :hyper:

Daags wrote:
Yeh- I completely agree, I have an electron analogue RYTM, it has everything you want for around a grand, this is the 'low cost' fully analogue drum machine that a lot of people have been asking for (and it costs no more than a couple of high end VSTs). Amazing achievement, a lot of analogue voices -if you want more features, you will pay more! This will I suspect sell like hot cakes, especially to analogue purists who don't want all the digital conveniences.

Arturia are a serious player now - the future seems to be Arturia and Beringher rather than Roland and Yamaha - who would have predicted that a few years ago!!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Looks and sounds awesome. Very much want.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I think they'll sell a boatload of these things. I'd be getting one if I didn't already own an RTYM. Nice work Arturia. :tu:

That looks pretty cool. Bummed that there is no MIDI/CV control of parameters but all the hands on control is very nice.
I used to have an MFB-503 and loved the sounds and MIDI control but was always bummed about the lack of hands on control so I sold it. I planned to get an Analog RYTM but I already have an Octatrack and A4, so I held off. I ended up building a modular drum machine with a Beatstep Pro and a bunch of drum voice modules. I like my setup but it's not great for classic drum machine sounds (my fault for falling in love with a bunch of digital drum modules which are geared toward wacky sounds :hihi:) . If this can do a good impression of a 909 kick and snare, I'll be sold.

Who am I kidding, I'm probably already sold. :lol:

Last edited by NEOREV on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

comprehensive and capable.

I definitely want one.. I don't have any drum machines right now and have been putting those duties in the realm of software but I think this is the hands on drum machine I've been waiting for.. The cymbals to me sound more 606 than anything but that hasn't been said in any of the videos, dunno if no one likes the 606 or if it's not a popular reference but I love it.. I'd love it more if the outputs were on 1/4" but I can deal with it I guess, hit up monoprice.. It doesn't put me off in the slightest that the parameters aren't MIDI controllable, that's not really what it's about, there's a lot of drum machines and plugins that you can automate everything, this is definitely for tweakers and experimentation. Unfortunately this and the Korg Odyssey module are going to have to wait a bit since I just bought a Audiothingies Micromonsta and Pittsburgh Lifeforms SV-1 Blackbox.. ;_;

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

This looks like an excellent device. Love the idea of the polymeter stuff and the randomiser.

Having the individual outs is great. I dont tend to use more than 2 outs most of the time though having the option is a good option.

It does not bother me that the DB has minimal midi capabilities. The DSI Tempest has minimal midi and that does not stop me having fun playing the machine. Overall it has more to give me than my current skill set and imagination can come up with.

That there are no effects is ok with me. In the studio I can use the effects of my audio interface on the way in or use DAW affects etc. If I were to play out then the Beringher mixer with digital effects plus Korg KP3 would go well together. 4 sample slots on the KP3 allow for interesting ways to transition between "songs" to avoid stops. The Tempest is not effect infested.

I do not need this, it is on my want list and I am sure that I will use reason to justify my desires.

Have fun.

Those "selling videos" are horrible. But when listening eyes closed, I here a lot of potential there. Maybe not instabuy but I'm definitely going to visit retailer to test this. Very interesting device.

So what happened to MatrixBrute? I thought that would have been out first.

aMUSEd wrote:So what happened to MatrixBrute? I thought that would have been out first.
nothing's happened to it, it will come out when it's something close to ready I guess ? (OS/firmware bugs notwithstanding) :shrug:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”