please recommend new gen. audio interface for me based on...

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I currently use a Scarlett 2i2, but ever since I bought it, I've had continual issues with it continually waking my computer from sleep (which creates a very loud thump sound) and have to unplug and plug it in to keep it from crackling. There seems to be no reliable solution for these issues after dealing with it for years. Focusrite support has been excellent and its been in to the shop once, but I think somehow I got a bad one or its not fully compatible with my setup. I'm on OSX Sierra. I'm having to face the fact that I need to replace it. I use it in conjunction with an iConnectMIDI2+ as a MIDI interface and bridge to my iPad. Never had any issues with it. So I have an aggregate device setup up for this combination.

Since I need to replace my 2i2, I'm looking for a solution that will allow me the same functionality, (Interfaces with my iPad, MIDI and has audio pass through like the iConnectMIDI2+ provides, as well as pro quality audio.)

Would prefer to have a single interface that achieve all this, or get another 2 in 2 out or 1 in 1 out audio interface.

I hear Presonus might be an option as well as RME also make great interfaces. Don't know what else it out there these days though. Recommendations greatly appreciated!

thank you!

Greg K.

AFAIK all interfaces have problems with sleep mode, specially in Windows. Turning the interface off before putting the computer to sleep is necessary.

As for interfaces I would recommend RME, they are rock solid and provide very good support for many years.
dedication to flying

The 6i6 has a power on/off button on the back. I'm using one with Sierra... no problems so far and have not needed to use the power button, but it's there if you still have an issue with sleep mode.

Might be worth a shot if you like focusrite.

Not sure why you have a thump when it wakes up... is that the OS' famous chime? If so, there are tools to install to turn that off. Using it has been a blessing for me

rod_zero wrote:AFAIK all interfaces have problems with sleep mode, specially in Windows. Turning the interface off before putting the computer to sleep is necessary.

As for interfaces I would recommend RME, they are rock solid and provide very good support for many years.
Thank you! I didn't realize that about sleep mode...

elxsound wrote:The 6i6 has a power on/off button on the back. I'm using one with Sierra... no problems so far and have not needed to use the power button, but it's there if you still have an issue with sleep mode.

Might be worth a shot if you like focusrite.

Not sure why you have a thump when it wakes up... is that the OS' famous chime? If so, there are tools to install to turn that off. Using it has been a blessing for me
O thanks! 6i6 is way more than I need. The thump is the same sound as if I plugged the interface into the computer while it was not sleeping. I leave my monitors on and even when the computer is asleep, something is triggering the reconnection of the interface and sending a sound to my speakers. Guess I can just unplug the interface (doesn't have on/off switch) or turn off my speakers...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”