Behringer Deepmind 12 desktop and Deepmind 6 (!)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Deepmind 6 at $699 looks like a winner :phones:

Mmmmmm Deepmind 12 $899 US.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Has Behringer come out with a VST editor for Deepmind yet?

Not sure how I feel about this. I was all excited about the DM12 until I actually heard it. The actual synth engine seemed kind of... meh... but then you bury it with effects and of course that makes a huge difference. But the DM6, at that price, starts to look tempting. I wonder if they'll have a desktop DM6 for $599 next time around?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:I was all excited about the DM12 until I actually heard it. The actual synth engine seemed kind of... meh...
I've never been tempted to buy a synth that sounded 'meh' ... halving the voice count wouldn't make it any more tempting either.

nice to have plenty of disposable cash i guess!

I like the overall DM sound & character. I prefer the DM6 format (25 keys would be ideal, but it's a poly, so hey). Still can't afford it though. So I'm gonna sit and wait for the mono version (which should be around 199$...eight?). I'd love to own and use a B synth, but willing to pay a B price for it, if you know what I mean ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Is it full size or mini keys on this?
Saw some pictures, and not all clear.

Was a bit intrigued by DM12 demos, and DM6 even more - if full size keys.

This Korg MiniLogue is smaller keys as I understand.

Thanks.

DM6 has full size keys

db3 wrote:DM6 has full size keys
Great, thank you.

lfm wrote:This Korg MiniLogue is smaller keys as I understand.
Minilogue keys may be smaller but they are really high quality and the extra length makes them a lot more playable, not like the awful rubbish Korg put on the MS20 controller that came with the Legacy softsynths. And things like the Arturia KeyStep even manage to put great feeling AfterTouch into a decent set of mini-keys, so they aren't the horror show they used to be. I used to avoid mini-keys like the plague but now three out of the four keyboards I own have mini-keys and I really like using them.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:And things like the Arturia KeyStep even manage to put great feeling AfterTouch into a decent set of mini-keys, so they aren't the horror show they used to be. I used to avoid mini-keys like the plague but now three out of the four keyboards I own have mini-keys and I really like using them.
Yes, I had Arturia AnalogLab Keyboard - and agree, Arturia is only one I saw that had good feel for aftertouch. Long enough stroke, and right resistance.

I heard that Yamaha Reface also had really good keybed in general, being mini keys.

But if polyphonic something - full size keys is what I prefer. Finger position and octaves are just there in backbone.

I'd have thought the same and I was surprised how easily I adapted. Now I can happily play a full-size keyboard with one hand and mini-keys with the other without making any more mistakes than I'd normally make (which is still plenty). In fact, for some things, like playing an octave, I find mini-keys are actually better because I don't have to stretch my fingers as far.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Now it's waiting for the Deepmind 6 Desktop version ;)

Dunno if there's another topic on the DeepMind-6 already, but... i just saw it for 549 €. Lowest price i ever saw on that thing. Amazing price for a 6-voice polyphonic analog synth.

https://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Beh ... 006001-000

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”