NI Komplete Kontrol templates pack

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been bringing all my templates uptodate for the Mark II keyboards with thumbnails for the screens and database category info. I've put them all in a Dropbox repository with an info file on where to put them and also how to make your own. So far there are templates for nearly 40 plugins with more on the way.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulf40cicmwzu ... ChOwa?dl=0

Note these 'templates' fulfill 4 functions:

1) They get the plugin into the side browser with a visual thumbnail that can be browsed and loaded from the Keyboard screen

2) They are setup pre-mapped to the controller knobs so you can control them immediately

3) Although they do not include the plugin's presets (since, unlike in Kore, NI haven't made this aspect easy, I don't have the time, scripting skills or inclination to do this) they could be used as a starting point for saving out presets - maybe just favourites at least - as they would then be ready mapped and have a thumbnail and database info all set up (EDIT a few do include presets with previews now and more available through the NI forum)

4) They are intended to demonstrate how this is done to inspire others to do the same so in time, even though many developers are not yet on board with the NKS standard, we would have nearly every plugin instrument available for this platform. It may also demonstrate to those developers that the user community is interested in them doing this officially (and sends a message to NI to make this easier).
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Amused this is fantastic. Do you know if NI have enabled a way to make audio previews happen for people who may make their own NKS packs with presets? The audio preview is a huge benefit.

Yes and no - it is possible but not easy. Check out ED and my responses in this thread:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 91/page-20

Added 4 more plugins:

Fabfilter One and Twin
Timewarp 2600 and
Revival

Trying to decide what to do with Falcon which is about the only one left not mapped

Posted one for Falcon - it's simply not possible to make a one size for all style template here as every patch needs a different approach. Nor is it realistic for me to save out lots of patches as I could get into copyright issues, not to mention the work. So I have just saved one mapped macro based factory patch as an example of an approach to this, along with thumbnails and database entries all set up. This way users can save their own patches using this as a starting point.

Added:

Nusofting Modelonia and Knagalis
XILs-Lab MiniSyn-X
Virsyn Poseidon

All templates now have additional artwork to display in both screens for KK2 as well as logos.

For Komplete Kontrol 2 with the second screen you need to play around a bit with the folder locations. To show just in the browser and software app third party plugin images and database entries tend to go in a shared folder by company name. However we found on the NI forum that to get plugin images into the second browser they need to go in the root of the images folder under the plugin name - easiest way on Mac to do this is to create a symlink to the pluginnamed folder inside the company name folder, on Windows you can just copy the folder and paste it into the image folder root

ie to get stuff in the browser/software host the paths are:

Put image thumbnail files in:

\Users\Shared\NI Resources\image\synthmaker\synthname (Mac)

\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\image\synthmaker\synthname (Windows)

Database (category and colour info) files go in:

\Users\Shared\NI Resources\dist_database\synthmaker\synthname (Mac)

\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\dist_database\synthmaker\synthname (Windows)

but to get image thumbnails and also the correct colour database info to show in the second screen in plugin view the path is:

Put image thumbnail files in:

\Users\Shared\NI Resources\image\synthname (Mac)

\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\image\synthname (Windows)

Database (category and colour info) files go in:

\Users\Shared\NI Resources\dist_database\synthname (Mac)

\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\dist_database\synthname (Windows)

NI need to correct this legacy 'bug' but for now this workaround works

Pretty much Kompleted this now - no more plugins I can usefully map. The Komplete list is:

u-he
Zebra 2
Zebra HZ
ACE
Bazille
Triplecheese
Filterscape VA
Tyrell No.6

Linplug
Spectral
CrX4
Organ 3
Octopus

PPG
Wavegenerator
Phonem

MadronaLabs
Aalto
Kaivo

NuSofting
Modelonia 2
Knagalis

FabFilter
One
Twin

Synapse
Dune
Dune2

Xils-Lab
Syn'X 2
Minisynx
Oxium
XILS 3

GForce
Oddity 2
impOSCar 2

SPC Arcsyn
FAW Circle 2
AmaranthAudio Cycle
DiscoDSP Discovery Pro 6
Dmitry Sches Diversion
MeldaProduction MPowersynth
Tone2 Nemesis
AdmiralQuality Polyana
Modartt Pianoteq 6
Audreio Revival
BigTick Rhino
Beepstreet Sunrizer
Timewarp 2600
UVI Falcon
Virsyn Poseidon
iZotope Iris
Access Virus Ti Plugin

All about as converted to NKS as we can get apart from I didn't import the presets as there is no batch import function for these plugins. But they have everything else - controller mappings, database entries, browser thumbnails and screen art.

Added Granite to the pack

Thank you very, very much! :clap:
Where The Brightest Stars Shine http://www.polarismusiqworks.com

yay! amazing! I have Mark 1 keyboard. Will these work for me?

thank you!

They should do

Note several of these plugins do also have preset packs with previews as well - some I am hosting (eg Sunrizer) - others can be found in the thread I started where we (several NI Forum members) collaborated to figure out how to replicate creating NKS plugins and put this together - best to work your way backwards:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 59/page-42

aMUSEd wrote:Note several of these plugins do also have preset packs with previews as well - some I am hosting (eg Sunrizer) - others can be found in the thread I started where we (several NI Forum members) collaborated to figure out how to replicate creating NKS plugins and put this together - best to work your way backwards:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... 59/page-42
Thanks aMUSEd! good idea about working my way backwards!

Seems to work well for the vast majority, however, it says it can't find Padshop Pro which is clearly installed on my harddrive. And the same for spire... All the other ones I have (about 15) seem to work fine. Thanks very much again. Most helpful!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”