Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
db3
KVRAF
 
1660 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Postby db3; Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:34 am Behringer Neutron

Semi Modular Synth teased...
...and not a clone! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaxG5g266A
Last edited by db3 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
-dthree-
User avatar
idfpower
KVRian
 
1470 posts since 13 Sep, 2012

Postby idfpower; Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:58 am Re: Behringer Neutron

Wow...
REZISTOR - "By Any Means Necessary" - THRASH/GROOVE METAL (FREE): http://www.mediafire.com/file/ylu1vhwbg ... ESSARY.rar

rezistor.eu5.org
User avatar
Laguna Rising
KVRAF
 
6740 posts since 4 Apr, 2005, from here and there

Postby Laguna Rising; Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:14 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

:tu:

:hyper:

:D
User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
 
7582 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:25 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

Im still cant believe they havent gone Eurorack yet.
Maybe they dont feel the market is large enough
User avatar
Aliens
KVRian
 
514 posts since 1 Oct, 2016, from DogGirlDon't

Postby Aliens; Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:12 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

If looks could kill, this one would be up for a 30 stretch with no parole.

Behringer are knocking it out of the park right now.
User avatar
justin3am
KVRAF
 
10295 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:36 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

I'll reserve judgement until a hear more examples but so far it doesn't look or sound very interesting. And I'm not on board with this trend of putting all the patch points off to one side.
I was totally underwhelmed by the Deepmind once I had a chance to try one out, maybe my opinion is biased due to that experience.
User avatar
NEOREV
KVRist
 
237 posts since 27 Jun, 2008, from New York, NY, USA

Postby NEOREV; Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:50 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

This looks awesome! From what I hear in the vid, it sounds quite nice as well. I can't wait to hear more. Wonder how much it will cost and if Behringer will keep prices low like they did with the Model D.
User avatar
foosnark
KVRAF
 
4259 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:25 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

justin3am wrote:I'll reserve judgement until a hear more examples but so far it doesn't look or sound very interesting. And I'm not on board with this trend of putting all the patch points off to one side.


I want more feature info, a good look at that patch bay, price point, etc. as well as more audio demos. But I'm still more inclined toward the Pittsburgh Microvolt if I'm going to trade my 0-Coast for anything else.

Patch points on the side... I have some mixed feelings but can see it makes sense in a context where you're going to self-patch a lot. It works pretty well on the E370, but then there's extra spatial association in that case (four rows of knobs, four sets of 6 jacks arranged the same way).
sprnva
KVRian
 
1171 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Postby sprnva; Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:41 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

I wouldn't trade my 0-Coast for anything but I would love to see Erica Synths do a standalone desktop semi modular.
Image
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29083 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:43 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

sprnva wrote:I wouldn't trade my 0-Coast for anything but I would love to see Erica Synths do a standalone desktop semi modular.


Is Erica synths anything to do with the cool modular musician Erica?
chk071
KVRAF
 
15070 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:46 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

justin3am wrote:I was totally underwhelmed by the Deepmind once I had a chance to try one out, maybe my opinion is biased due to that experience.

I didn't try one out myself, but i absolutely loved every sound demo i've seen on Youtube. IMO, they really hit the spot with the DeepMind.
sprnva
KVRian
 
1171 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Postby sprnva; Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:56 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

aMUSEd wrote:Is Erica synths anything to do with the cool modular musician Erica?

No relation, but equally cool.
Image
User avatar
justin3am
KVRAF
 
10295 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:04 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

chk071 wrote:
justin3am wrote:I was totally underwhelmed by the Deepmind once I had a chance to try one out, maybe my opinion is biased due to that experience.

I didn't try one out myself, but i absolutely loved every sound demo i've seen on Youtube. IMO, they really hit the spot with the DeepMind.

Yeah, sound quality was fine... it just wasn't any fun to play with, IMO. To be fair, I'm not the target market for a product like that.
User avatar
justin3am
KVRAF
 
10295 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:16 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

foosnark wrote:I want more feature info, a good look at that patch bay, price point, etc. as well as more audio demos. But I'm still more inclined toward the Pittsburgh Microvolt if I'm going to trade my 0-Coast for anything else.

Patch points on the side... I have some mixed feelings but can see it makes sense in a context where you're going to self-patch a lot. It works pretty well on the E370, but then there's extra spatial association in that case (four rows of knobs, four sets of 6 jacks arranged the same way).


I'm not really impressed with the Microvolt either. I got to play with that yesterday for a few minutes. I like Pittsburg modular filters and oscillators on their own but I've never clicked with the complete voices they make.

I won't be trading my 0-Coast in anytime soon, it's kinda limited (well very limited when compared to my Shared System) but it's so much fun and it's chock-full-o'-sweetspots. :hug:

It's that spacial association which is important to me. If the jacks are somehow arranged in relationship to the controls which they are related, I don't have to read the labels because it's just intuitive. With these grids of jacks, it's tougher to get to that point of being able to patch without referencing the labels.
User avatar
NEOREV
KVRist
 
237 posts since 27 Jun, 2008, from New York, NY, USA

Postby NEOREV; Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:33 pm Re: Behringer Neutron

I am pretty much 100% positive that there will be a patchbay like the one teased in that earlier on the right side of the synth like the Mother 32.

Just look at the Neutron logo and Behringer logo, they are definitely off center. Look at the space to the left of the Neutron logo, that same space should be to the right of the Behringer logo so they appear centered. Perfect amount of space to fit that patchbay to the right of the controls. ;)
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)