Please help a poor guy for his birthday present

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody!

I am a poor motherf**ker getting into music producing. Besides ableton, i have following equipment:

AKAI APC 25

KORG Nano Key.. for bus rides and traveling :P

as well as an USB Interface, to record Guitar and Microphones.

It's my birthday soon! My main present will be money, which i will be spending on traveling around the world and LSD.
So, i just look for a "small" present, something around 100 USD.

I saw following Video, and i was amazed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyT7f1H0JqA

I think it's the Ableton Novation Launchpad MK II, 160 EUR, so about 190 USD (so, out of my budget)

But then i saw the Ableton Novation Launchpad MINI! (80 EUR, 90 USD)

It seems like a perfect tool for making JAMS, and for having fun, even if you are wasted from a couple of nice and cold bottles of beer.

I was thinking of maybe getting the Ableton Novation Launchpad Mini (around 90 USD):

It seems like a perfect addition to my low budget equipment.

Adding spice to music production
Having a lot of useful functions
Being able to make JAMS
Good for a poor budget
A good addition to my equipment

As my birthday is pretty soon,
i have read some reviews, the most of them very positive!

Would you agree on this idea, or do you have another hint for a good music production tool for a beginner on a low budget?

Thanks in advance and enjoy your evening :tu:

I have one of the older launchpads. It's great imo, I use it with Numerology and it's an inspiring tool to jam with.

Other ideas:

https://youtu.be/y1N_Wysne9M

I would avoid the drugs. Better things to spend money on, especially considering your statement of being poor.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:I would avoid the drugs. Better things to spend money on, especially considering your statement of being poor.
But he's Captain Lysergicacid ... ;)

Launchpad running one of the Push scripts (launchpad95) would be cool. I used one before getting Push. :tu:

I would say save and get a Push 1 second hand, they go around 250 or even less, you may be able to to seel that akai little thing too.
dedication to flying

I'd say get a launchpad pro used. I picked one up for $150 on ebay.... So now I have two.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

transmetropolitan wrote:I have one of the older launchpads. It's great imo, I use it with Numerology and it's an inspiring tool to jam with.

Other ideas:

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://youtu.be/y1N_Wysne9M</span>
Thanks a lot for the video! The pocket operator looks great! I def will get one when i have another spare 50 bucks!
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:I would avoid the drugs. Better things to spend money on, especially considering your statement of being poor.
But he's Captain Lysergicacid ... ;)

Launchpad running one of the Push scripts (launchpad95) would be cool. I used one before getting Push. :tu:
Ah, i think i know what you are talking about, like running a launchpad, but instead using the scripts (midi etc.) for the launchpad, to get the scripts for the push.
Where can I find push scripts?

tapper mike wrote:I'd say get a launchpad pro used. I picked one up for $150 on ebay.... So now I have two.
I've done my research and came to the conclusion that the Launchpad Mini and Launchpad Pro are basically the same, just that the Launchpad Pro is bigger on the one hand, and has less colours of the lights.
Also, i don't want to bother my parents with ebay, they have no clue. But thanks for the advice anyways!

So, i finally decided for the Launchpad Mini, got it for 79 EUR on Amazon. I am excited already!

Thanks a lot everybody! :clown:

The script is here:
https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95
Great for step sequencing your beats. I would expect an update for 10 before long. They added melodic step sequencing for Push2.

Hi!

I just want to say thanks to everybody - and for everybody who will maybe read this thread later ...

I got the Novation Launchpad Mini (79€)

I was so excited, i had to open the birthday present before my birthday..

I am VERY happy with my decision!

So long,
Captain Lsyergic Acid :P

i do not use the device so had no advice to offer up front, but im happy to see its done the job for you :D

and happy birthday for whenever it may be!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”