Your next hardware purchase (non guitar)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got the GT-8. It is almost like new. It was apparently only used for a musical show for 2 weeks, and then put away. I got a very good deal!

Now to make heads or tails of the §§§$$/!!!! manual. :dog:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Ordered the Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl Hifi, can't wait to get it!

mickbenjamins wrote:Ordered the Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl Hifi, can't wait to get it!
Wow, those gooey sounds produce an instant feeling of premium quality melancholy. Looks tasty, but with a price to match.

ordered some doepfer passive attenuators, 2 dual so 4 in all across 2 modules. will need more, but all they had in stock.

mickbenjamins wrote:Ordered the Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl Hifi, can't wait to get it!
This is really amazing- I would love to hear your take on it once it arrives. I really like the what Im hearing so far on the site. Everything from typical flange/chorus to disconnected discontent.

vurt wrote:ordered some doepfer passive attenuators, 2 dual so 4 in all across 2 modules. will need more, but all they had in stock.
I bought a few of these, to save on rackspace... Best for set-and-forget use, though, not ideal for twiddling.

https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/airtenuator-pcb-kit/
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

cool! i saw that, i think koma, do attenuator cables. again mainly useful for any set and forget attenuation.

these are for the voltage block outs (amongst other ideas) to be able to bring in and out the full depth of voltage. so i have to join in for a change, rather than leave it running while i chill :lol:

Bought a Roland SE-02 yesterday since i needed a true Monosynth.
Awesome synth so far :tu:

It seems I'm back in the market for a small, portable audio interface. Since I'm on the road for at least another month, I just wanted something with a couple inputs and fairly inexpensive. This is meant to be a temporary solution since I already have a robust setup at home. I have a couple synths traveling with me and I want to be able to record them.

So I picked up a Zoom UAC-2. Liked the idea of the "up-converters" and it's USB 3.0. However, the poor thing has no horsepower, and in Ableton Live with just a basic piano vst, it's click-and-pop city. Even my laptop's internal soundcard does a better job.

I happened to be home for Memorial Day, so I threw my spare Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 in a box and shipped it to my hotel. Plugged it in last Friday only to discover it has developed an intermittent ground hum. Could probably repair it if I was back home--but, not being home is the issue to begin with.

So... now I'm looking at a Native Instruments KOMPLETE Audio 6. If I was buying something for the studio, I'd spring for a MOTU 16A, but not willing to spend that kind of money for something I need to drag between hotel rooms. At least, not without hiring a roadie. :lol:

the ground hum might be hotel related, rather than a machine fault?

vurt wrote:the ground hum might be hotel related, rather than a machine fault?
Maybe, but if I unplug the power supply and plug it back in, or if I do the same with the usb connection, the hum goes away for a few minutes. And the volume of the hum rises and falls erratically--it's really acting strangely. Sometimes, if I fiddle with it enough, the hum goes away until I need to power the thing off. When it works, it sounds great!

If I plug headphones directly into the synths, which are plugged into the same power strip, neither of them have any hum.

I just think that interface is old and tired. It was B-stock and discontinued when I bought it four years ago. It's been repaired once after the USB chip blew in a power surge. I got it cheap and got a couple solid years out of it, so I don't feel too bad.

I was thinking of purchasing the volca bass.

a new long electricians phillips screw driver, will live behind the modular, save me pissing about with the multi tool thingy.

-Honestly.... I'm thinking about another linnstrument. I know I was pissed as hell when mine took a crap and RL wouldn't honor the warranty. The "cells" are just better for harmony/melody than using a pad controller like launchpad. The membrane is softer so it's easier to sustain notes/chords. The cells are also smaller so it's easier to grip chords. The range of the standard (8x12) grid and the way it does splits just works better for me than to Novation Launchpads. Then there's all that mpe stuff I miss on top of it.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Bought a Maschine MK3 2 days ago and my daughter was so interested that i had to buy a second one for her :)

I still haven't touch the manual but i have found out most of it already and all my hw synths are set up for use with the Maschine :)

It is a different workflow compared to mousing so i have to get used to let the mouse rest.
Last edited by D-Fusion on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”