Reface CS Audio Signal Quality

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have to ts cables plugged into my Reface CS running into a focusrite 2i2, but I cannot get good sound from it?! Its driving me crazy the audio quality sounds distant and tube like, no where near as clear as when listing from headphones. I have the interface set on line, is my shit broken or am I incompetent? Thank you bless.

Going by your description of the sound, are you definitely using TS cables (not TRS)?

It kinda sounds like what you'd get if you connected a stereo cable to an interface which expects a mono signal. If you are using stereo cables, push them in half-way and the sound should clear up. Then go and get mono cables.

Otherwise, I'm stumped. I have the CP and a Focusrite 6i6 and it outputs fine.
Image Image Image Image

Thanks for the help,

The chords are unbalanced and im pretty sure their mono, the halfway method makes since but changes nothing. The full sound is just missing, the quality shouldn't falter just because of the chords and scarlet? Its my first synth so im at a loss.

LateBloom wrote:I have the interface set on line
It won't hurt to try the Instrument setting, but I don't think it will matter much. It's not a simple (lack of) volume issue?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I was thinking of getting one, after watching some videos.

I really liked the sound and the tweakability with all the faders.

The price is also good.

Does anyone else have this problem ?

In the videos it sounded good.

manual page 10 says clearly to set the switch to "inst" when using a TS type connection...
btw what is a mono TS lead?

From Sweetwater's page:

Unbalanced TS looks like a mono cable (only one ring) while a balanced TRS cable looks like a typical stereo cable (two rings). Instruments with balanced outputs will typically use XLR for these and regular jacks for unbalanced.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:From Sweetwater's page:

Unbalanced TS looks like a mono cable (only one ring) while a balanced cable looks like a typical stereo cable (two rings). Instruments with balanced outputs will typically use XLR for these and regular jacks for unbalanced.
Balanced connections can use XLR or TRS connectors. Mackie mixers, for example, can have balanced/unbalanced connections, depending if you are using TS jacks or TRS jacks.
Fernando (FMR)

I've fooled around with the volume and paired with a compressor I can get a better sound out, but its still clearly not up to par with just using the headphone connection. The synth has an unbalanced output so TS is the way to go. Some wave forms hold up better than others
which I thought was strange. I think I might just bring this bitch in to guitar center.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”