Need assistance with VST Editor for an external USB Synth (Pulse2 and Cubase9)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to use some of the software VST editors for my Pulse2, but I can't seem to get any audio out of them. I've followed the instructions provided in the Windows VST section of their guide here, and I can see the MIDI/USB light on the device lighting up when I press buttons on my keyboard, or click on things on the interface. But no audio comes out.

Would anyone familiar with using these VST editors be able to assist? Is there something I need to do with the audio routing as well?

Bonus question - I'm hating how this editor resets everything (MIDI options, window size, etc) whenever I load an instance of it. Is this the same with all editors?

Although I use another editor, the issue is these editors are just midi controllers, they don't integrate the audio part (and, by the way, the Pulse 2 doesn't feature audio over usb).
So, you need to connect the audio output of the Pulse 2 to an input of your audio interface and then you need to add an audio track in Cubase to record it as audio.
To hear the Pulse 2, you can either use the monitoring of your audio interface or use the monitoring in Cubase (the second option will likely add a small latency).

Regarding size, midi options, etc of the editor, I use the one by SynthMania.de and I don't experience any of these issues.
I have no experience with the Monstrum Media editor so I can't be of any help; maybe it's better to ask them directly.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Thanks sin, I'll try that out. Figured it was something stupid like that.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”