delete

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

delete
Last edited by plexuss on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

plexuss wrote:delete
Last edited by Hermetech Mastering on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delete
Last edited by plexuss on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

delete
Last edited by plexuss on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I could well imagine that someone who's a mastering engineer would be at least slightly offended if someone else puts a cheap stereo opto compressor on the mix and calls it mastering, essentially contesting a mastering engineer's entire existence. So don't take it personally.

"Tell me where the problems are" could also be considered a bit smug and rude. Nobody has a clue what kind of processing happens before and after the VLA, so how could anyone (even with golden ears) point out the problems of one processor somewhere in the middle.

Personally, I also wouldn't touch ART gear ever again. Had an ART Extreme guitar pedal, it decided to die on me in a burst of distorted noise while on stage. Had one of those hardware channel strips and when a knob broke (it's not like I threw it around or anything), nobody could get the parts to fix it and it became useless. Sometimes it's not just about the sound, but also about gut feeling and personal experience. If you're happy with it, and you think it saves you a mastering bill, just use it.
Confucamus.

plexuss wrote:Have you used one? Listen to the masters. Tell me where the problems are. Try and not be so smug and rude. :phones:
Whatevs, dude is clearly not interested in discussing things...
Last edited by Hermetech Mastering on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delete
Last edited by plexuss on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delete
Last edited by plexuss on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mastering engineer dance off!

plexuss wrote:delete
Last edited by Hermetech Mastering on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why was the first post deleted?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I have absolutely no idea.

I’m no mastering engineer, but I’ll just add that in my personal experience, ART products have mostly been garbage. Like some rack mixers we bought at my work which were so poorly designed that when one channel was raised, it lowered another. And the crackling when an aux send was raised. And that wasn’t an isolated incident- we bought several of the same mixer and they all exhibited the same behavior. We ended up throwing them in the trash and buying something much higher end. Just one example out of several that I’ve experienced.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Hermetech Mastering wrote:
plexuss wrote:Have you used one? Listen to the masters. Tell me where the problems are. Try and not be so smug and rude. :phones:
Whatevs, dude is clearly not interested in discussing things...
Discussing things? I post my experiences and audio example in a way that I felt was helpful to other people. you chime in telling me my tools are crap and you'd not touch them with a 10 foot pole. You neither used the tool in question in any recent time or for mastering and you didn't listen to my audio examples yet had formed a close-minded opinion about it. What? Bizarre, rude and ridiculous. Then I press you on it and you go and listen to my audio example and come back and say "It sounds pretty good". What?? Wow. What a jerk. I'll keep my stuff to myself for risk of bumping into people like you. You are the kind of person that ruins the value of fun of forums like this with your ignorant and rude behaviour.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”