only seeing 1 x "shared plugins" folder [fixed]

Official support for: agitatedstate.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I have Sonar x64 running on Win7 x64.

MenuMagic works well but does not see all my Sonitus plugins. The Cakewalk install put SonitusFXEqualizer.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins and MenuMagic sees this fine, but all the others are in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins ... and are not showing up in MenuMagic. They do show up in Sonar fine though ...

Help!

Is there some place I can specify plugin folders to use in MenuMagic?

Thanks for any help!!

MenuMagic should see all the same plug-ins as that Sonar sees.**

What version of MenuMagic are you using?
Version # is shown in the top left of the Settings/Options tab.

**In some cases it might show more because it currently does not filter out 32 bit DX plug-ins that won't appear in Sonar x64's plug-in list. On the todo list.

...Steven
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

I am using v1.4.2.0

It looks like all DX plugins located at:
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins
including Pantheon.dll, CwTuner.dll (and all the Sonitus) are missing (about 27 dll's in this folder).

I am seeing all the plugins in the x86 folder in both MenuMagic and Sonar.

I have a bunch of Sony plugins elsewhere that MenuMagic sees fine.

MenuMagic DX total = 17
Sonar DX total = 39

this is kinda like MenuMagic CSI !
Thanks

Indeed a strange one. Haven't had any other reports of this problem but will be happy to look into it and fix it for you.

I will need you to provide me with some information so that I can figure out what the issue is. The easiest thing for you to do would be to send me a bug report from MenuMagic.

Goto the Settings/Options tab and click on the Bug Report button on the lower left.
When MenuMagic asks if it can include registry snap shots please answer 'Yes' - any person information or serial numbers are scrubbed from the report files when they are created. You can verify this yourself if you wish, the bug report file (BugReport.tgz) can be opened with just about any zip file viewer.

Thanks,

...Steven

Thanks for sending the report.
I'll check it out as soon as I get back in the office.

...Steven

Just a 411 for anyone watching this thread.

This problem has turned out be more complicated that I originally thought and is going to require a redesign of the DX plug-in handling modules to properly accommodate 64 bit operating systems.

My thanks to wilnwil for working with me so that I could determine what the real issue was.

I have to take care of some personal family business and will be pretty much off-line for about next 2 weeks.
Because of that, the estimated time to have a fix for this is after the first week in May.

For anyone experiencing this problem my thanks for your patience.
I will get this wrapped up as soon as I can.

May good health and happiness surround you.
...Steven

Issues with DX plug-ins in a 64bit Operating System have resolved.
Special thanks to wilnwil for working with me on this and verifying that these issues have been resolved. :tu:

A new build has been posted - registered users will find the latest release posted in their personal download area. When you run the installer verify that the version is v1.5.1.2 (or higher if subsequent updates are posted).

Major changes:
  • Correctly detects/handles 64bit DX plugs when MenuMagic is running in 64bit mode.
  • Fixes the problem where 64bit DXs plugins would sometimes show up in 32bit mode.
  • Optimizations in DX handling have been applied to Sonar 32, Project5 and VST Adapter plug-in layers of MenuMagic.
Will issue formal release announcement, info later.

...Steven

Now let's hope v9 of Sonar has the missing VST's issue resolved so i can purchase MM, cause it's a killer little app (it's Cakewalk's fault, by the way, that MM doesn't have lots of VST's show up after a full scan).

Tim
Wordsong.info - because something GOOD is on the way!

Return to “Agitated State”